A Kiss On The Forehead

After dinner, Jack and Phillip are in the living room, whilst my mom, sisters and I clean up, and my dad was having a private chat with Grayson outside the house.

My dad always have a pep talk with boys, that are involved with my sisters and it's weird to see my dad is having a pep talk with Grayson.

I watched them from the kitchen window, as I was cleaning the dishes. Lyla came up to me and watch Dad and Grayson from the window. "What do you think they're saying?", Lyla asked. "I don't know.", I sighed. Outside, Dad was talking to Grayson, who is listening to him carefully.

"Look, I know you and Mia haven't been dating for so long, but I just want to let you know that, Mia is a bright girl and she has never been in a relationship before throughout her life. She had an issue with boys from the past, which broke her, and I don't want her go down the same path again.", Dad replied.

"What are you saying Mr Swann?", Grayson asked

"What are you saying Mr Swann?", Grayson asked. "I'm saying is that I just don't to see her get hurt again and I want you to treat her the way you're suppose to treat her.", Dad replied. "Mr Swann, I promise you that I would never hurt Mia, and I'll always treat her the way she's supposed to be treated.", Grayson replied.

"You promise to treat her like a lady and respect her like a lady?", Dad replied. "You have my word.", Grayson replied. Dad looks at Grayson for a long time, as Grayson looks at him nervously "Ok, you have my blessing. You can date my daughter.", Dad replied.

"Thank you, Mr Swann. And don't worry, I will treat Mia always. You have my word.", Grayson replied, as they shook hands. After my grandmother, Jack, Maria, Courtney and Phillip left, I escort Grayson out of the door. "So, your dad gave me his blessing.", Grayson replied.

"He did?", I asked. "Yeah, he told me about your past with guys.", Grayson sighed. I look at him with concern. "Oh!", I replied. "I had no idea, I'm sorry.", Grayson sighed. "No, it's ok. It was a long time ago.", I replied. "Mia, you know that I would never treat you like that.", Grayson sighed.

"I know. You're a good guy, Gray.", I smiled. "Hey...I know this is in the contract, but...", he replied, as he held my hands. "Is it ok if I kiss you, just for tonight?", he asked. I look at him as he looks at me. "Yes, yes you can.", I sighed. Grayson held my chin with his fingers and he leans close to my face.

I cringe my eyes, trying to move my face away from his

I cringe my eyes, trying to move my face away from his. But instead of kissing me on the lips, he kisses me on the forehead, which took me my surprise. "Goodnight.", I smiled. "Goodnight, babe.", Grayson sighed, as he smiles and walks to his motorcycle. He puts on his helmet and rides away, as I watch him leave.

I went back into my room and resume writing my story on my computer.

6 MONTHS LATER

6 MONTHS LATER