🛍13🛍

A Week Later

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of banging. I looked over to Mike who was asleep. I shook him, "Mike" I whispered gently shaking him. "Hmmhh" he didn't open his eyes, "you hear that" I stopped shaking him and he lifted his head and looked at me. He was listening for what I was hearing, "no" he said putting his head back down.

"Listen" I whined tapping his shoulder waking him back up, he sat up this time and listened. It happened again and I knew that he heard the noise now. He looked at me confused "stay there" he said getting up and grabbing his gun.

He crept his way to the door and listened. Everything was quiet then we heard talking. Mike put his finger onto the trigger of his gun then slowly and quietly opened the door. He cracked the door and disappeared in the hallway.

I listened for anything but I heard nothing. I kept listening but I still didn't hear anything. The banging, talking, footsteps and everything stopped. I started getting nervous so I grabbed one of Mikes guns that he "hid" from me and looked out the door.

I seen the outline of three people looking figures, I think. I seen Mike turn around, I ducked back into the room, put the gun the exact way I found it and crawled back into the bed. I waited for Mike to come back and once he did he shook his head.

"There nothing there" he said closing and tried to sneakily locking the door but I noticed. "But I heard talking" I was confused, "you're tired bby" he said getting into the bed and putting his gun between us. "But what about that noise, it stopped when you went downstairs" this didn't make any sense. "I don't know what it was, it could have been the neighbors cat trying to get in again" he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close.

I stared at the bathroom door because I couldn't fall back asleep. I heard mikes breathing change and I realized he had fallen asleep. He held me tighter and then I started drifting off.

The Next Day

I woke up to the sound of shower water. I sat up rubbed my face, I went downstairs and went thru one of my suit cases for my clothes. I brought my stuff up to my new room and threw it all into my bed.

Me and Mike finally found a safe enough place to live. The house was really nice, it was really big, it was basically the size of a small mansion. My favorite room out of the whole house was of course my room.

I got undressed and hopped in the shower. After the shower I sat in my bed with my towel still on. I turned on my phone and seen a miss call from my mom so I called her back.

Calling Mama Dukes❤️

Me: hello.
Mom: Starr come home. NOW!

Me: no, I can't.
Mom: who do you think you're talking to?

Me: well I'm not talking to Destiny. *this was the first time I back talked my mom*
Mom: girl what is wrong with you?

Me: ma I really do wish that I could come home but I can't.
Mom; if you're not home by tomorrow I'll get the police to search for you.

Me: wait so you're telling me that for the...what?, 3 months that I've been gone you haven't called the cops?
Mom: you better come home, I have someone for you to meet.

Me: I said fuck no.
Mom: girl who in the he-

Call Ended

I hung up the phone and started getting ready.