Reunion.

The Orcs and Uruk-hai quickly scatter as men on horses bolt into our midst.

The next few minutes are just a blur.

My eyes were glossy with tears from nearly being ripped apart by Orcs. My body was sore from days of torment and my hands were still bound.

I couldn't focus on anything. I didn't know who these men were and I didn't know where Merry and Pippin were.

I wasn't focused on them at that moment. Having just been seconds away from a gruesome death, I was just desperately trying to run away. There was nothing heroic in my actions as I completely abandoned the halflings - wherever they may have been - and simple ran.

My feet somehow found themselves running into the forest. I had no clue where to go or what I would do once I got there but now was not the time to worry about that. I just needed to get away.

I stumbled blindly into the forest, tripping over roots as I went.

Just when I thought I had gotten away, I heard harsh and hurried footfalls and the snarl of an Orc.

"I'm going to rip out your filthy innards she-elf!" The Orc snarled, stalking up to me with a sword as I stumbled and fell onto a root.

I turned just in time to see the Orc raise his sword. I desperately kicked at the filthy beast.

To my surprise and luck, as he went to slice the sword down on me, I kicked his hand. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw I had managed to kick his sword straight through his own heart.

As he fell in front of me, I crawled along the forest floor until I managed to prop myself up by the root of a tree.

It must have been another hour before my heart finally stopped beating so fast. I wiped away my tears and tried to stave off my fatigue so as to look down at my injuries.

I had claw marks on my belly but they didn't go too deep. The cut on my shoulder wasn't so bad but I feared if I left it too long, it would get infected.

They weren't so bad as I had originally thought but if I didn't get help soon, I would die either way.

***

It was just gone dawn when I awoke. At least I assumed it was dawn from what little sunlight that got through the thick foliage of the forest.

I heard footsteps in the distance. Fearing it was Uruks or Orcs out to hunt me, I stayed as still as I could and as quiet as a mouse.

I pulled my hood over my white hair and masked my face with my scarf. That was one of the benefits of wearing all black, it blended in with the background.

"The air is so close in here!" I heard someone grumble.

"This forest is old... Very old," I heard another whisper, "Full of memory and anger."

I recognized those voices. I let out a sigh of relief and a few years of joy. The rest of the Fellowship were here, I was saved.

"Legolas! Aragorn! Gimli, over here!" I cried, my voice still hoarse from lack of water.

"Sapphire?!" Legolas yelled as he and the others sprinted over to me and crouched by my side.

"Thank the heavens you're alive lassie," Gimli beamed but his smile was cut short when he looked at the state I was in.

"You're bleeding," Legolas said worriedly as he gingerly took hold of my shoulder to comfort me.

"Really? I hadn't noticed..." I tried to chuckle but that soon turned into spluttering and choking as I spat out some blood onto the mossy forest floor.