Eye of the Enemy.

We were woken just before dawn by a knocking on the door. My eyes fluttered open and I found myself sprawled in blankets. My bare shoulders were cold in the morning breeze that swept in from the open window, but the rest of me was perfectly warm.

"Legolas, get up," I heard Aragorn say beyond the door, "We ride to the Black Gate within the hour."

"Be right there," Legolas replied.

I heard Aragorn's footsteps as he walked away from the door. Only for them to stop and I could hear him knock on another door.

"Sapphire, wake up," I just about heard him say from down the corridor.

I chuckled lightly as I looked up at Legolas who shared my smirk. His hair was the messiest I had ever seen it, in fact, I don't think his hair had ever been messy before, not even after every battle we've thought. I had untied some of his braids and had been playing with it so it was no wonder his hair was a little worse for wear that morning.

As much as I would have liked to just lay there and sleep (neither of us slept much that night), we both knew we had to get ready for the journey to Mordor.

I untangled myself from the sheets and shimmied into my crumpled nightdress as Legolas gathered up his clothes and went into the bathroom.

I was about to open the door and make a run for it down the hall to my room when I heard something. It was knocking again, coming from down the corridor, where my room was.

"Sapphire?" I heard Aragorn's faint voice, "Are you awake?"

"What's wrong?" Legolas asked as he exited the bathroom with a brush in his hands, combing his hair.

"Aragorn is still out there," I hissed quietly, "He's at my door."

"Wait till he's gone?" Legolas suggested as he walked over to the door and listened out as well.

We waited for a few more minutes. Aragorn was soon joined by Gimli as they both continued to knock on my door down the hall and I could tell they were getting worried because I wasn't answering them.

By this time, Legolas was mostly dressed. I was practically trapped. All my clothes and weapons were in my room which was currently being watched by my friends.

In the end, I could hear Aragorn and Gimli trying to break into my room, evidently worried that something had happened to me.

I bit my lip and took a deep breath before I opened the door, looking to the other side of the corridor.

"I'm here," I said sheepishly, both Aragorn and Gimli turning in surprise to see me step out from Legolas' room in a crumpled nightdress.

"What were you doing in Legolas' room?" Aragorn asked in an amused tone ass he raised an eyebrow at me.

My face went red with embarrassment and I couldn't even find a sarcastic quip to shut them up. I just opened and closed my mouth a few times but no words came out.

"Sapphire," I heard Legolas whisper quietly as the door behind me opened slightly.

"What?" I hissed, turning back to him though I was aware both Aragorn and Gimli were still staring at me.

"You dropped something," He said with a smirk as he opened the door a little more so I could see something dark in his hand.

My eyes widened and my face got even redder (if that was possible) as I snatched up my under garment from Legolas' outstretched hands.

"I hate you!" I hissed at him but all he did was chuckle and close the door leaving me alone in the corridor with Aragorn and Gimli again.

I turned and groaned at their amused smiles before I quickly hurried to my room, shutting the door behind me.