Bad Terms.

^^^ You need to watch this Thranduil cosplay music video, it's the absolute best! Wanna see Thranduil singing his heart out in sunglasses? Watch it! ^^^

Over the course of the next week, me and Legolas did our best to help Mirkwood recover from the attack. Thranduil was hard pressed in terms of fighting numbers and in terms of help volunteers so it wasn't like he was ungreatful for my help.

Though the Orc siege had been disbanded, there were still a few clusters of the creatures somewhere in the forest. Thranduil wanted me to take a group of warriors and clear the forest before they could regroup.

No doubt he just wanted to get rid of me straight away but if I promised to help then I should keep my word.

Legolas was assigned to creating a new watch over the city with the guards that were left. Patrols needed to be made and vulnerable parts of the city needed to be secured.

While he got straight to work with that, running off to gather guards for the watch, I tracked down one of the captains and organised a small group of elvish fighters.

They seemed puzzled why a stranger was permitted to command them but they would not argue with the decision of their king.

We were gone for three days in total. We had tracked down a group of Orcs and had slaughtered them easily. I doubted that was the only band of Orcs out there but for now, they were beyond our reach.

A few of the elves knew who I was. I didn't know if they knew me because I was Lady Sapphire, great ranger, or if they knew me just because their King hated me. Either way, I didn't care. When fighting with them, I knew they tried to keep their distance because they seemed confused as to why I was fighting with an axe. I paid them no heed.

Upon returning to the gate, I noticed burning pyres of Orc bodies. Legolas had already organised the new patrol around the city, with many guards standing poised by the entrance.

The gate itself was being temporarily patched up, at least until it could be replaced entirely.

I marched through the halls of the city which were being cleaned and repaired where necessary. I saw a few civilians hurrying about, no doubt they were volunteers helping with medics or something.

When I found myself approaching the throne platform, I looked up and saw Thranduil sat delicately in the throne. He still wore some armour but since it was evident the siege was not completely behind him, he looked ready for another attack should it come to it.

Legolas had changed clothes as well. He still was clad in a shade of deep green but he seemed more regal now, with studded leather and light steal scales weaved together for armour.

I knew Legolas was Prince here, that's why I had been trying my best not to insult him or mock him as I usually would. Before, he was just Legolas of the Fellowship, but here, he and his father's word was law.

The elves here loved and feared their leaders, as is right of any Kingdom. Every ruler needs a just rule and a firm hand. Thranduil nor Legolas held a ring of power so they earned their respect from years of experience. Far be it for me to immediately crush that respect.

Don't get me wrong, I loved making a quick joke here and there at Legolas. Heck, it was now my favourite past time. But that shouldn't suggest that I didn't love him more than that to know when I should keep my insults to myself.

"Lady Sapphire," Thranduil said through gritted teeth as I strode towards him and bowed, "You have returned so soon. One could almost believe you did not leave at all."

"Do you doubt my abilities as a warrior? Or perhaps my command?" I said, raising an eyebrow and tried my best to keep a straight and respectful face.