chapter 2

2

Ariana and Mia stood at the finish line, waiting for them to cross. No doubt it would be Dom. He was the street racing king around here. Just as she was queen. As they waited in the two made conversation amongst themselves, Ari asking questions about Brian, causing the younger girl to blush. Their conversation was cut short when Dom crossed the finish line. Everyone crowded around him, Mia and Ari in the front. The red head glanced over her shoulder to see Letty a few feet away from them. Hector walked over, holding the money. "Here's what you won, right here. There you go." He handed Dom the money. Jesse and Dom moved away from the crowd where the girls were now standing with Letty. "My sister holds the money." Dom gave Mia the wad of cash. "Count it." Ari had a small smile on her face as she watched Letty and Vince play around, before her attention was adverted to Dom when he picked her up by her waist. "And you're my trophy." The two shared a smile, and a long kiss just as Brian crossed the finish line.

Dom place Ari back onto the ground and made his way over to a grinning Brian, Jesse in front of him. "Was that fun?" Jesse asked him as he popped the hood, smoke pouring out of the hood. Dom glanced to Brian to see the stupid grin on his face. "What are you smiling about?" "Dude. I almost had you." Brian grinned, the crowd bursting into laughter. "You almost had me?" Dom pointed to himself. "You never had me. You never had your car." He started to walk around Brian and his car. "Granny-shifting. Not double-clutching, like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake. Almost had me?" "You tell him, Dominic." Some guy from the crowd yelled out. "Get out of here." "Now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried." Dom motioned to Jesse before he shut the hood of his car. "Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning." He rose his arms up and the crowd cheered. "Oh, shit! We got cops. Cops! Go!" Leon yelled out over the radio and everyone scattered to get to their cars. Ari three her keys to mis not wanting to leave Dom alone. Dom grabbed her hand and pulled her towards his car. Within minutes, Dom had parked his car in an abandoned parking garage, turning of his lights and grabbing his jacket. They both slid out of the car, wrapping her jacket around her body more as Dom locked the car, the two walking out onto the street. Dom had thrown on his jacket, grabbing Ari's hand as a police car sped past them. The two slowed to a stop as the car pressed down on the brakes, spinning around and started towards them. "Toretto! Blue! stop right there!" The officer shouted through the microphone, Dom and Ari tightening their grip on each others hand before taking off, the couple sprinting down an alleyway, the cop following them. Suddenly a bright green Skyline, pulled to a stop beside them. They looked over to see it was Brian. "Get in!" Brian called out to them, Dom and Ari quickly shared a look before quickly getting in the car, Dom in the front and Ari plopping on his lap. Brian didn't waste another second as he swerved around the corner, nearly missing an approaching car.

The red head looked out the windshield, only to see two oncoming cop cars heading towards them. Brian smoothly slid between the two cars with ease, barley even touching them. They sped over a hill, the Skyline becoming airborne for a short second before it hit the ground roughly. She gripped onto the arms around so her body wouldn't be harshly thrown to the side. "You're the last person I expected to show up." Dom admitted, breaking the silence. "I thought if I got in your good graces, you might let me keep my car." Brian said, Ari chuckled shaking her head. Dom nodded his head. "You're already in my good graces, but you ain't keeping your car." Dom told him, before questioning, "You drive like you done this before, what are you? A wheelman?" "Nah man." Brian denied, shaking his head as Ariana turned "You ever boost cars?" she questioned, raising her eyebrows. Once he shook his head again, she asked him another question. "Ever done time?" "A couple of overnighters, no big deal." Brian responded to her, Ari and Dom sharing a knowing look. The red head licked her lips slightly as a smirk overcame her features. "What about the two years in juvie for boosting cars?" Dom smirked, Brian looking over to him in surprise before he looked at Ari with the same expression . "Yeah, I had Jesse run a profile for Brian Earl Spilner. You'll find anything on the web, anything about anybody. So why the bullshit?" Brian awkwardly glanced out of the window as Ariana grabbed her boyfriend's hand, Dom intertwining their fingers. The car remained silent for a minute as Brian thought over his answer,. She leaned back into dons chest. Why did she feel like she knew these streets? "What about yall?" Dom seemed surprised at Brian's words, the older man cleared his throat as Ari squeezed his hand a little. "Two years in Lompoc."

Dom answered. She was surprised that he had just blurted it out to Brian, considering they really didn't know him that well. Dom glanced back at her, smiling slightly. "I'll die before I ever let us go back." Ari sighed as her mind thought back to the two years she had spent with her boyfriend in the jail. Before anyone could say more the sound of engines came from behind them and her eyes widened, Dom's grip on her hand tightening considerably. "Fuck." thats why the were familar "Ah, great." Dom groaned, cursing himself for not recognising the streets earlier. Brian glanced between the two, confused. "What?" He furrowed his eyebrows. Ari huffed and puffed out her cheeks. "It's going to be a long-ass night, that's what." The motorbikes rode up to the car, two on each side. Tran tapped his gun against Brian's window, the former jumping slightly before glaring at the man. "Follow us!" Tran shouted before he and his crew took off down the road, Brian following close behind, no questions asked. They came to a stop in a place called T & K Food Market, written in both Chinese and English. The bikes surrounded the three as they got out of the car, Ari standing beside Dom.

The brunette tensed up as Tran sent her a smirk, his eyes trailing over her figure, eyes lingering in places they shouldn't. Dom tensed up beside her, glaring daggers at the man. "I thought we had an agreement," Tran directed his words to Dom. "You stay away, I stay away. Everybody stays happy." "We got lost." Dom deadpanned. "What can I tell you?" Tran rose an eyebrow, eyes glancing between the three of them. He sent Ari a wink which made Dom's glare on him intensifying as he clenched his fists. Brian looked between Dom, and Ari but Tran confused but decided it was best to not question them on it. Tran snapped out of his trance, glancing Ari up and down before not so subtly licking his lips.

Ari scrunched up her face muttering "asshole"while dom subtly took his hand and zipped her jacket. "Who's we?" Tran asked, Dom nodding towards Brian who still had a confused expression on his face. "Uh, my new mechanic. Brian, meet Johnny Tran." Dom introduced, nodding towards Tran who had a menacing smirk plastered on his face. "The guy in the snakeskin pants is his cousin Lance. So, when are you going to give me a shot at that Hondo 2000 of yours?" Ari sucked in a breath as Tran stepped towards the car and eyed the Skyline before he turned to face Brian. "This your ride?" "It was," Brian nodded towards Dom. "It's his now." Dom quickly shook his head. "No it's not. I haven't taken delivery yet." Brian shot him a confused look. "Then it's nobody's car." Tran said as he ran his hand over the hood. His eyes met Ari glare at him. "What's with the look, A?" Tran taunted her and the person in question clenched her jaw, knowing she shouldn't lash out at him. Tran turned his attention toward his cousin. "But somebody put in the wrench time. What do you think, Lance?"

Lance stepped closer to them, his gun raised. Ariana eyes widened a little bit and Lance looked over to her and sneered. "It's an amazing machine." Tran smiled. "Yes it is." He patted Dom's arm roughly, Dom using all his strength to not punch him in the face. "Let's go." He turned on his heel and motioned to his crew. "I'll see you in the desert next month. Be ready to have your ass handed to you." "You're going to need more than that crotch rocket." Dom retaliated and Ari sighed as Tran climbed onto his motorbike along with his crew. "I got something for ya." Tran revved his engine, the girl on the back of his bike, giggling. Tran sent Ari a smirk before they all took off. "What the hell was that?" Brian asked, Ari and Dom looking towards each other. "It's a long story." Dom replied as he opened the door to the passenger side. "I'll tell you later. Let's get out of here."

Just as they were about to get into the car, Tran and Lance reappeared and began to shoot at the car. Dom grabbed hold of Arianna's arm and pulled the two of them away from the car, Brian doing the same on the other side. The skyline caught fire and the cousins left. Ari looked towards the car as she stayed in Dom's arms, hit by a familiar smell. Dom noticed it too and the couple shared a wide-eyed look. Like they both thought the same thing they both screamed NOS!" Dom and Ari went further away from the car, with him shielding her body with his as the car blew up in flames. The flames began to sting the her eyes so she placed her head in Dom's chest, his arms circling around her waist tightly. Dom pulled away slightly looking her up and down, checking for any injuries but found none. "im okay baby" she said "Now," Brian started slowly, the two looking over towards him. "What the hell was that all about?" The couple didn't reply at first as they started to walk out of the parking lot, Brian following as he was beside Ari. The brunette sighed as she shrugged. "It's a long story." "Well, we've got a twenty-mile hike. Humor me." Brian said. Dom sighed. "Business deal went sour." He revealed to Brian before looking towards Ari for a second. "Plus, I made the mistake of sleeping with his sister"

"and i slept with him" she said