chapter 10

"All right, we're good to go." Dom said over the walkie talkie as he, along with Letty, Han, Tego and Rico sped along the road behind the truck. "You got this?" He turned to Ariana who was in the car with him. She had fixed her ear piece that was hooked up with the walkie talkies as she turned to face her boyfriend. "You bet your ass, baby." She leaned over and pressed a short kiss to his lips before she slid herself out of the window. "Let's make some money!" Letty exclaimed as she glanced toward Han and Cara. "Everyone in position." Dom stated as his girlfriend climbed onto the hood of the car, Dom speeding up just a little. "I thought we'd be robbing banks by now, not some gas truck in the middle of nowhere." Han spoke. "Down here, gas is gold, bubba." Letty smirked. "Yeah, but banks don't move." Tego said in Spanish. Ari cringed as she could hear the radio squeal in her ear. "Kill the chatter!" Dom stopped anyone from speaking. "Game time." "I wouldn't piss him off, guys." She warned before she jumped off the car, grabbing the handles of the ladder on the back of the truck. Dom sped off towards the front of the truck. "Okay, guys, we're gonna have to hit this hard and fast." Dom informed as she started to climb the ladder, standing on top of the truck. "We've got four K left before the downgrade. she jumped down in between the tanks and held onto the ladder on the next one as she pulled the liquid nitrogen spray and started to spray the hitch. "This is all you, Han." She said and once it was frozen, she took the hammer that was strapped to her thigh and connected it with the hitch, watching as Han drove off with it. "Liquid gold." She mused. "We're clear." Han informed Dom as ariana continued to climb onto the next tank. "Okay, T, you're up." Dom said. "Let's see if you can get it under six tries this time, huh, T?" Han joked. "What are you talking about?" T replied in Spanish. "I'll do it in one try!" "It's more like three." Letty chuckled. "Come on, Tego, keep it real." she laughed as she steadily walked across the tank, Letty keeping her eyes on her to make sure she wouldn't fall. "There's one K left. We're running out of road. Get in there, brother." Dom informed. "I got it, I got it." Tego assured. Suddenly the truck began to pick up speed, causing ari to wave her arms about to keep steady. She grunted as her body was sent flying back, her hand wrapping around one of the bars of the ladder. Her feet skidded across the road as she desperately tried to hang on, her hammer coming loose and went flying. "T, cut loose! Unhitch, unhitch!" Dom yelled. she saw Dom's car pull up behind her as she managed to swing her leg over the hitch and pull herself up. "Don't be crazy, loose your load!" She heard Dom shout to Tego and Rico in Spanish. "What do you think I'm trying to do?" Tego yelled back in Spanish. "dumbass, just release!" She looked toward Dom as his car pulled up beside her. "Spray that hitch!" "I don't have a hammer!" She yelled back. "Just do it!" Dom ordered and she nodded, grabbing the spray and spraying the hitch until it became frozen. "Hold onto something tight!" She managed to jump up onto the ladder and held onto it tightly, not questioning Dom. She watched as he did an 180 turn, the rear of his car hitting the tank causing it to break off, Tego and Rico driving off with it. A piece of metal hit the tank and gas sprayed out of it, causing ari to jerk to the side to avoid getting gas all over her almost loosing her grip. Her legs swung violently as she held tightly onto the ladder, with effort she pushed herself up, her feet landing on the bottom ladder bar as the truck started to go downhill. "Baby!" The girl turned her head towards where Dom was driving in reverse. "Give me your hand!" "I can't reach!" she yelled over the sound of the truck as she tried to reach for Dom's outstretched hand. "You got to jump!" Dom told her. The truck driver pressed on the breaks, causing Dom's car to sped off before he quickly drove back towards where ari was hanging on. "Jump! ariana, jump! I've got you!" she hesitated as she bit her lip, she took a deep breath before she jumped towards Dom's car, his hand grabbing her arm tightly. The truck hit the car causing Dom to let go of her hand and for the her to swing violently to the side, she had gripped onto the hood tightly. She grabbed the inside of the door and placed one leg into the car, pulling the rest of her body in as well. Dom sped up as one of the tanks caught fire, turning the car around the right way, but stayed where they were. "Dom..." ari trailed off as the tank rolled towards them. "Dom?" She questioned as Dom kept his foot on the brake and pressed down on the gas. "Dom!" She shouted as the tank got closer to them, Dom taking his foot off the brake, sending them zooming towards the tank where he turned to the side, easily sliding underneath it. They watched as the tank hit the truck, sending it over the edge where it exploded. she rose her eyebrows in shock before Dom was speeding off.

The two best friends since elementary sat together on the beach a little ways away from the party and where people were drag racing on the sand. Letty was standing in front of Ariana who was sipping her beer and laughing at her best friend. "I'll catch up with you later." Letty smiled at her as Dom walked over to them. Ari nodded her head and Letty left, walking back over to where people were dancing. "There she is." she glanced over to Dom and gave a small smile as he sat beside her. "Hey." Her smile grew as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I hear Rio is nice this time of year." She told him absentmindedly as she continued to stare at the water in front of them. "The cops are getting hungrier." Dom informed her. she smirked. "Then I guess we're doing our job." "I'm a walking target." Dom stated and her eyebrows furrowed immediately . "I don't want you around when they catch up to me." The red hea turned in his arms and faced him. "Ride or die, remember?" She asked him and Dom looked away. "Dominic, how long have we been doing this? And now all of a sudden, out of nowhere, it's dangerous? Come on." The two stared into each other's eyes. "We'll figure it out. We always do." She placed her hands on both of his cheeks. She leaned forward and connected their lips. She pulled away slightly and stared up at Dom before he pressed their lips together, grabbing her by the back of her thighs and pulling her onto his lap. "Forever and always" they say at the same time

Ari woke up in the middle of the night to find the space beside her empty. Blinking tiredly, the brunette sat up on the bed and looked around her, not finding Dom anywhere. Her attention turned towards the nightstand only to see a stack of cash and Dom's silver cross. She threw the thin sheets off her legs and pulled a shirt that she recognized as Dom's over her head. "Damn you toretto" The red head made her way out of the house and towards where Letty was staying. Letty was awoken to rapid knocking on her door. She rubbed her eyes as she pulled open the door, squinting at the sudden light from the porch and saw a worried ariana. "ari?" Letty questioned and her eyes fell upon the silver cross that was around her kneck. "Dom's gone." "he left letty again"