New Pet; Wonwoo Pt. 2

[requested]

[2/3]

----------------

----------------

"How exactly am I going to explain this to Woo?" M/n hummed, crouching as he continued to pet the small light brown puppy.

Soonyoung and M/n went to about every pet store and animal shelters Seoul had. The countless heartattacks the two boys were countless as they spent nearly an hour at each shop. Although all the dogs were adorable, the one that stood out the most to M/n was a light brown puppy who's pointy ears and fluffy tail greeted the two boys happily.

In a heartbeat, M/n went straight to the shop owner and filed a paper to adopt the puppy without any hesitation. "I was too moved by your cuteness." M/n sighed as he and the new family member continued to stare at each other.

M/n was back at the shared apartment and knew that Wonwoo would be home at any moment. Looking around, the only thing M/n could think of was practicing his speech for when his boyfriend arrived home. Sure, he could take a picture with him and the puppy and send it to Wonwoo, that would result in M/n explaining everything over the phone.

While going over his speech, M/n decided to waste no more time and get the rest of the essentials for his puppy.

"Oh! I didn't name you," putting his hands on his hips, "I was waiting for Woo to come back, but maybe I'll just name you myself." M/n smiled as he patted the fluffy brown fur.

From searching through Naver for cute pet names to asking the chaotic group chat, M/n settled on naming the family member Haneul. Therefore, Wonwoo wouldn't get so mad when he hears the name of the pet since it would be too late to return Haneul now that she had a name.

"Since that's settled, let's figure out how I'm going to buy everything without Wonwoo knowing." M/n spoke as Haneul slightly tilted her head to the side before walking away.

Before he could even chase after Haeneul, the familiar ringtone began to play as Wonwoo's contact name appeared. "Hi, Woo what's up?" M/n asked as he could hear Mingyu in the background screaming at him to hang up.

"I'm coming home, I forgot how chaotic Mingyu is when he gets everyone together." Wonwoo sighed while muttering a string of curse words when Mingyu snatched the phone out of his hand.

The muffled sound of the phone being fought over was the only thing M/n heard as he laid on the couch cuddling with Haneul who was slowly falling asleep. The small fight over the phone ended with Mingyu still having posession and trying his best to run away from Wonwoo.

"Hi Mingyu! Are you running away from Woo right now?" M/n asked as the sound of wind blasted through the speakers.

"Yeah, I wanna keep him out more but he keeps saying that he just wants to go home and see you." Mingyu huffed while letting out a small shriek when he heard Wonwoo yell his name.

"Can you actually do me a favor? I need to buy some stuff before he comes home since I want it to be a surprise." Shifting his position on the couch, M/n held Haneul in his arms while making sure to connect his airpods to his phone so that it could be easier for him to move.

"I'll try, hyung. What should I tell him?" No longer hearing the wind, Mingyu was finally standing still and hiding from Wonwoo who was searching the area like a madman for the taller.

Humming in response, M/n came up with a plan to have Mingyu take Wonwoo to places he thought would be nice for future dates. The couple hardly went on dates, but when they did, it was always to the diner that was right across their apartment complex. So M/n's plan was helping him in the future and in the present.

When the younger agreed to the plan, M/n quickly hung up when he heard his boyfriend's voice come closer to Mingyu. "Okay~let's hurry before Wonwoo comes home mad." M/n laughed while grabbing one of his boyfriend's hoodies and closing the door as he left.

While making his way to the pet store, M/n texted Soonyoung to get a list of essentials for Haneul while Seungkwan gave him tips on how to train Haneul. His friends were happier than M/n after they saw how cute Haneul was and were already setting up days to take their dogs to the park.

"Oh, I forgot that he likes his hoodies oversized." M/n mumbled as he hopped on the metro bus and rolled up the lavendar sleeve, only for it to lazily roll back down.

Thanks to the list, M/n was able to walk into the store confident that he would be able to leave in an hour at the most. "Wait, I have no idea where anything is." M/n chuckled while stopping in his tracks and looked up to see the signs, scanning each aisle to find the one he needs.

When M/n continued to stare at the many signs, a staff noticed him and decided to at least help the novice pet owner. "Hello there, can I help you in any way?" A boy who looked to be in his teens, asked his dark brown hair gracefully fell to the side as he bent over a little to meet M/n's eyes.

"Oh. Yes! I need help finding these items."
M/n chirped as he glanced over to the boy's tag name. The tag name 'Taehyun' was pinned perfectly aligned underneath the uniform's shirt pocket as he thanked M/n for handing the phone over.

M/n followed Taehyun to each aisle as he pushed the empty cart. Taehyun happily gave M/n tips on how to raise Haenul and even offered to help him find a good trainer. The empty cart was beginning to pile up as they went through every aisle and a new friendship was also being built through time.

"You have everything on that list." Taehyun smiled as he offerred to push the cart to the register since it was heavier than M/n imagined. Thanking the younger, M/n paid for everything and took the bus back to the apartment.

While grabbing the opening the fob to the apartment's touhscreen security lock, M/n was met with his apartment door opening.

"Welcome back, my lovely boyfriend."

________

whoot whoot, i'm finally updating

college is ugly btw >:(