Hour 5

3: 36, approximately 19 hours before death

"Attention, world!"

This feels very nostalgic, doesn't it?

It's a perfect replay of a few days ago, when the Damocles was captured.

"From this point forward, you may only get a job if you are a citizen of the Britannian Empire. Now, no other country exists! It's prohibited to speak any language but the Britannian national language, and practice any religion but Britannia's! If you resist, you will be killed."

Cue the malicious smile.

The Black Knights have been very active lately: holding protests, using guerrilla warfare to destroy Britannian military strongholds, publicly slandering the emperor's name, and so on.

It would seem too nice for Lelouch to let that go on, so now, he won't.

"Remember, any person who is suspected of being with a resistance group, will be killed." Lelouch paused, counting the seconds in his head for a perfect buildup of suspense.

"Or worse..."

The cameras cut.

In the filming room, several people nodded their heads in acknowledgement towards their emperor, before turning back to their computers to fiddle with the film.

Outside, Suzaku stood next to C.C., who sat on a long satin couch.

Both stood when they saw Lelouch come sweeping into the room, his cape dragging on the floor behind him.

Suzaku instantly began rattling off several tactics to capture the rebels, but Lelouch held up a finger to silence him.

"Please, I am done for today. I want to rest, now."

C.C. walked out of the room, waiting for the sharp clicks of Lelouch's shoes to follow her.

She rounded the corner, nearly running into Lelouch, who had just turned.

"That was hard, wasn't it?"

"Huh? What was?"

"You are literally destroying what you almost spent your life creating."

C.C.'s voice was as calm as ever, but her violent searching in Lelouch's eyes made her cool facade crumble.

"Ah, that. No, I could never."

Lelouch refused to look at C.C.

"What? Then what was all that about?"

Lelouch twisted a piece of his cape in his hands.

"They're smart, C.C. I hope they know Zero will save them."

"No one knows you're Zero."

"That's the point, remember?"