Hour 21

7:39 am, approximately 3 hours before death

When Lelouch woke up the next morning, C.C. was already gone, a divot in the spot where she lay.

Turning onto his back, looking up at the ceiling, Lelouch put a finger to his lips, remembering last night.

A swirl of hot air, gasping breaths, feverish kisses, C.C.'s naked body. He felt his cheeks heat up when he thought of the swell of her breasts, her small waist, her silky skin.

Rolling over, Lelouch got out of bed, feeling embarrassed when he saw his bare chest and his linen shirt on the ground.

He stretched, yawning, scowling when he remembered he should have woken up earlier. Today was a parade through the Britannian capital, and it wasn't early in the morning, it starts at eleven, but getting ready would take at least an hour.

Lelouch hastily put on a golden long-sleeved shirt, slipped on some matching pants, and stepped into his boots.

When he arrived at the breakfast hall, he frowned.

No one was in here.

Normally, C.C. would be sitting on the couch at the end of the room, playing with Cheese-kun, calling Lelouch lazy, and Suzaku would stand at the door, solemn as always, nothing but the fur on the end of his cape moving.

Lelouch sat, called for a maid, and ate in silence.