Hour 10

8:49, approximately 14 hours before death

In the royal theater, two people sat alone, apart yet together, staring with illuminated faces at the screen in front of them.

None of them were really watching, though, for one of the two had fallen asleep, her head drooping closer and closer towards the other, until finally, she came to rest on his shoulder.

Lelouch turned his head to look at C.C.: her faded hair in the dark light, her closed eyes, her gorgeous face.

He turned his attention back towards the screen, and watched as the main character destroyed the villain, splitting his body in two, crimson splattering everywhere. The villain screamed, but it was too late, as he was already dead, his life cut in half with a pretty sword.

Apparently, it was okay to kill, as long as it is evil. If not, then you are murdering, and if so, you are slaying. The same words, really, but one is for killers and the other for heroes.

The protagonist breathed heavily, his face washed with relief but also tense, unsure if it was over or not. All around him, his friends cheered, as they had supported him all this way, some giving their lives.

Lelouch thought one of the main character's friends looked a lot like Suzaku.

And then it was a glorious, happy ending, and peace was restored, and evil was killed.

And the credits rolled.

Lelouch sat there for a while longer, watching as white words tumbled down the black screen, feeling something he wasn't quite sure what.

Then he got up, and picked up C.C., carrying her in his arms, straining to stand upright.

Outside, Suzaku stood, and turned to walk with Lelouch back to his chambers.