𝙰. 𝙳𝚒𝚌𝚎 ~ 𝟹$𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

"C'mon Gentaro! You let me stay over twice already, why can't you let me stay for one more night?!"

The obvious tone of distress in his voice was so hard to miss it brought the two males glares from all the bypassers of Shibuya. "I'm sorry, but I can't let you sleep over for a third time. You see, if you have a guest for more than two days you'll start having such terrible nightmares." The obvious liar looked at Dice with apologetic eyes. "Wha... Is that true?!" Dice suddenly backs away from Gentaro with a terrified expression.

"Oh no... What about all the people that have let me crash at their place for solid weeks?!" tears start forming in Dice's eyes as he thinks about all the trouble he must have caused. "Oh no... oh no, oh no, oh no... They were all so nice to me. What have I done..." Hit with a sudden bullet of guilt, Gentaro says the best thing he can come up with. "Well, that was just a lie though." It took a second for Dice to comprehend what the lying author had just said. After failing to hide a relieved smile, he quickly regained his posture, gently grabbing Gentaro's shoulders.

"Then... let me stay over for one more night!"

Gentaro sighed as Dice gave him his puppy dog eyes. "Please! Please please please-" Gentaro tried his best cutting off Dice's voice in his head. Not only did his eyes resemble those of a puppy, Dice had a habit of following and nagging people who seemed like they cared about him like a dog. Although, his lack of ability to follow orders made Gentaro think of him more as a stray kitten. "-please let me sleep over please please-"

"Dice..?"

This time Gentaro was not the one who toned out Dice's pleads. Dice suddenly froze, as if he just heard something he wished he had not. "Is... is that you?" the voice coming from behind him was so faint Gentaro could barely hear it. However, Dice looked like someone had just screamed into his ears. With a terrified expression, Dice slowly turned around to face the voice. "He... Hey..! It's uh... It's you..!" Looking over Dice's shoulders, Gentaro let his gaze fall upon whatever was scaring Dice so badly it stopped the pleading.

It was just a girl.

She looked to be around Dice's age, meaning she was still quite young. "It's been so long! I barely recognised you!" The girl spoke with such happiness in her voice, it didn't match Dice's at all. "Y-yeah... I guess it has been... like three years..?" this shy version of Dice was so unexpected Gentaro had to stifle a laugh. Still feeling somewhat guilty because of the lie earlier, he decided to save his gambler friend before the situation turned awkward. "Oh? Dice, who's your lady friend?"

~

"I see... I had no idea Dice even went to school!" The three of you were already past introductions as you were now explaining how you knew Dice. "Well yeah, but he dropped out before the final year." laughing gently, Gentaro nodded a 'that makes more sense' nod, making you giggle in return. Dice, however, didn't seem to have picked up on the light mood yet. "Dice was usually behind in class, so I sometimes had to help him out. I don't really know if I did much though..."

That seemed to snap Dice out of his thought process as he looked at you with a confused expression. "What? That's not true at all! I always got better grades on the tests you helped me study for!" his reaction surprised you as you were sure he didn't like you very much back then. "I probably should've asked you for more help, but... But you were always teasing me over how stupid I was! I mean, everyone did... but you always said things that stung!"

You laugh an embarrassed and guilty laugh as he looked at you with pained eyes. "Really? I would not expect such a fine lady to tease someone as lowly as Dice." Gentaro said with obvious amusement in his voice. "What exactly did you tell him?" Dice looked at him with the same begging look from before. However, this just backfired as Gentaro became more eager to hear what Dice's classmates used to say to him. This meant he would have more content to tease Dice with later, and with that, every last speck of guilt Gentaro had left disintegrated.