𝙸. 𝙷𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚖𝚒 ~ 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢

"It would be the perfect chance for you to talk to some guys!" you give your friends an unsure look as they all agree with each other. "Why..? I'm doing fine without them." as your friends all give you the same pitiful expression, you sigh before continuing to sadly sip your drink. Your friends were currently trying their hardest in getting you to join them at a host club located in Kabukicho. Apparently, that specific club had a lot of good hosts, although your friends all seemed to be interested in the same guy.

You already lived in Shinjuku and you had on numerous occasions passed by the red-light district, but as all Kabukicho was known for was its multiple host and hostess clubs as well as love hotels, you had so far kept away from whatever was going on there.

"You really need to get over your fear of men." one of your friends suddenly says, causing you to choke on your drink. Your friends start giggling at your reaction as you try to regain your composure. "I-I am not afraid of men!" you stutter out, slightly embarrassed at the fact you can feel heat rise to your cheeks. You were actually not afraid of guys, no matter how much it might seem like it. The truth was, you had always had a slight problem when it came to talking to them.

It could have something to do with that you never really spoke to any boys as a child, your friend group mainly consisting of girls your entire life. You were always caught off guard when guys tried talking to you and you were never able to form proper sentences on the spot, meaning you had automatically started freaking out whenever a male suddenly started communicating with you. A host club could seem like a good idea to your friends, but for you it could potentially be the worst situation of your life.

"Suuure. Prove it then! Join us at the Fragrance host club in Kabukicho at ten. Today." you choke on your drink for a second time. "Today?!" couldn't they at least given you a little more time to mentally prepare yourself?! "And why so late?!" your entire friend group sighs at your obvious inexperience with host clubs. "Just be there if you truly want us to believe you aren't afraid of men."

~

You sigh as you look at yourself in the mirror. What do you even wear to host clubs? Are you supposed to dress up? But you're not the one who's trying to impress them! You check the time as you have nothing better to do. Ten minutes until you had to go. You already knew you were going to be purposely late, but if you waited any longer than that, your friends would definitely ditch you to go flirt with that one host. Chills went up your spine as you imagined being completely on your own at a host club you didn't even want to be at.

Not to mention, host clubs were incredibly expensive. You can't help but sob over the fact that you were about to waste your six-month savings on such a horrible experience, but as you take a shaky breath in order to calm yourself, you firmly grab your purse before you once again look into the mirror. "You're doing this to prove that you're not afraid of men." you tell yourself. "Prove that you're not afraid of men. Prove it. You're not afraid of men. You are not afraid of men..."

"...You're totally afraid of men." you mumble to yourself as you and your friends enter the almost overflowing host club. There are people everywhere, and you silently thank your friend for reserving a quiet corner in the back. You flinch as a guy comes up from behind you, asking to take your jacket. You look to your friends with a desperate expression, but much to you despair, their only reaction is to eagerly motion for you to have fun with the guy.

You nod to the host behind you as you do not trust your voice will come out how you're hoping it will, as well as the fact that the overwhelming noise would probably drown it out anyway. You glance over to your friends in hopes of them finally coming to save you, but they all seem to be preoccupied with searching for someone who obviously was not you.