𝙰. 𝙳𝚒𝚌𝚎 ~ 𝚂𝙲𝚁𝙰𝙼𝙱𝙻𝙴 𝙶𝙰𝙼𝙱𝙻𝙴

You smile as you let out a happy hum, stuffing your face with hot food as you walked down the freezing streets of Shibuya. Winter was just around the corner and apart from a pair of mittens and a scrawny scarf, the only thing keeping you warm was the food you had made at work. Seeing as you worked at a tiny restaurant... could it even be called a restaurant? And you mainly being the one making the food served at the place, your boss thought it would only be fair to let you take the extra food home as it was about to go bad anyway.

The fact that you had worked overtime that day also seemed to be an important factor to your boss, but you really didn't mind as making this sort of food was fun enough in itself. However, you were a little surprised at the amount she forced on you, deciding you would take a short walk in a park on your way home in hopes of making room for more of your food.

As you approach a bench, you almost drop your food, realizing something just moved on it. Cautiously walking towards it, you're suddenly met with a pair of gleaming, purple eyes, aggressively staring at you from the bench. "Oh. Were you planning on sitting here?" the man's relaxed voice didn't fit his stare at all. As you got a closer look at him, you realized he was currently lying on the bench in a resting position. "I mean... I was trying to sleep, but if you want to sit here, I'll move."

You stare at him for a second before noticing he was getting somewhat impatient. "Excuse me, but shouldn't you be home at this hour..?" trying your best to sound nice as you felt bad for staring at him so long, you give him a sweet smile. "And you? Shouldn't you be home too?" you couldn't help but notice his voice was slightly raspy, a little concerned for this guy as he seemed to be around the same age as you.

"I was on my way home." you say, hoping he would tell you why he was trying to sleep on a bench. "I see... I don't have a home. Lost everything to gambling..." he mumbles before suddenly shooting up. "Hey, would you mind lending me a little money?! Just a little! I promise I'll pay you back double!" you try your best to stifle a laugh at his sudden excitement. "I dunno... I'm pretty broke myself..." you give him a sad smile as he pouts before leaning back on the bench.

"I haven't eaten anything in thirty hours..." he mumbles to himself, making you almost drop your food for a second time. "Thirty hours?!" you wheeze, earning a depressed nod from the poor guy. Sitting yourself next to him, you almost force your food on him before any of you say anything else. "Eat." you say, holding a curry bun to his face. "W-wha?! No way! I couldn't possibly accept that!" he gives you a modest look, making you push the warm bun further onto his face.

"I have too much food anyway. You'd only be doing me a favour. Besides, didn't you just ask me for money? How's that any different?" you laugh, smiling as he finally accepts the bun into his mouth. After silently munching for a while, he suddenly lets out a whine. "This is the best curry bun I've ever eaten!" he yells, mouth full of said bun as he desperately looks at you. You can't help but blush, letting out an overly dramatic proud laugh as he continues to happily munch on your creation.

"Well of course! I made it!" you joke, not wanting to come of narcissistic, but still being unable to hide your happiness. "...You made this..?" he gives you a blank stare before looking at the rest of the food you were carrying. "Then... I wonder what that tastes like..." you can practically see his mouth watering, laughing once more before telling him to help himself. "Seriously?! That's okay?!" he's about to launch himself at your food after he sees your nod when he suddenly stops.

"Dice. Arisugawa Dice. That's my name. Yours?"

You stare at him in confusion for a second before muttering out a "What..?" only for him to stare equally as confused at you. ""What"? That's... an interesting name... Either way, thank you, What, for letting me eat your foo-" you cut him off with a laugh, yelling a couple of "No!"s before telling him your actual name. "Oh... I see. Why'd you say "what" then?!" he says, almost sounding a little frustrated.