Chapter 24

"The Prefect's Bathroom? Really, Alexander?"

Mia was standing outside the said bathroom accompanied by the Gryffindor Quidditch captain.

"Wait, you know – oh, of course," he nodded. "You were a prefect in our fifth year, right?"

"Yes."

"Hey!" Alexander raised his voice suddenly, turning his head to look at her. "You should remember me! You took five points from me once!"

"Really?" Mia smiled. "What for?"

"For not wearing my tie properly," he frowned. "Not a valid reason to take points away, if you ask me..."

"I think it is," the girl crossed her arms. "And I see that you haven't learned from it."

The Gryffindor grinned, then he turned back to the door. "Scented Soap," he said, getting the entrance to open.

They walked inside, then he closed the door after them.

"I can't believe you brought me here," Mia said, taking a look around the familiar bathroom.

"Well, I didn't really have a lot of options, did I?" He raised an eyebrow at her. "Or would you have preferred a dark, deserted classroom, perhaps?"

"How do you know that no one will come in here?"

"I don't," he shrugged. "But who would? It's late."

"That's not very reassuring," Mia scowled.

"You really don't want to be seen with me, do you?" Alexander smiled down at her.

"That's correct, I don't," she stared up into his light blue eyes.

"What a shame," he sighed. "I think we look quite good together, to be honest."

He went to stand behind her and put his hands on her shoulders gently, turning her towards the shiny marble wall. She noticed their reflection on it, which wasn't the clearest, but it was still visible.

"What do you think?" He leaned down to whisper in her ear.

One corner of her mouth turned upwards slowly. "Not the worst I've seen," she admitted.

"I'll take that," Alexander chuckled, then he walked away from her.

Furrowing her eyebrows, Mia watched as he grabbed a few towels and placed them on the floor.

"I know it's not the fanciest thing ever, but it's the best I can do with what we have. Are you cold?" He asked, gesturing towards the bathrobes.

"No, I'm fine," she shook her head. "But thanks."

"Alright," he nodded. "Shall we sit down, then?"

"Sure."

Mia walked over to the pile of towels and they sat down, facing each other.

"So... What now?" She asked.

"Now, we're going to get to know each other," he smiled widely. "Tell me about yourself."

"No, I would rather hear about you first," she crossed her arms.

"I had a feeling this would happen. Okay, my name is Alexander Stone, I'm a seventh year, captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team."

"Wow, you don't say?" The Ravenclaw gave him an amused look.

He just rolled his eyes at her with a smile, then continued. "Right, so I was born in Boston –"

"You were born in the US?" Mia cut in, surprised.

"Yeah," he shrugged. "My dad moved there after graduating from Hogwarts and that's where he met my mother. He didn't want me to go to Ilvermorny, though, so I moved here when I was ten."