"... Eret?" Chapter 5

Be·tray·al: 

The action of betraying one's country, a group, or a person; treachery.

("Eret... Eret, how could you?")

"It's just a village, they say, rebuild it, they say... They don't remember.. They don't know how much I lost in those few moments.."

The war had only begun, scarcely a day ago had you claimed war on the Dream Team and no other than L' Manburg themselves. The skirmish, as they would call it, was over the ever pointless loss of your village, to where you would even go to war to avenge the ones that you lost. Being that way, sometimes, you would have to think about your decision to call the conflict on such people, mainly the fact that one of them was incredibly smart, outwitting his hunters at each turn, while the other had a considerable amount of offensive and defensive line, with a coder on their side. Mainly, you were thinking that if you even tried to go towards killing one of them, you would have a sizable amount of armor to go in opposition. L' Manbrug and Dream Team had a diamond set, and netherite, you had nothing but leather and an iron sword to accompany you throughout this war. It was unyielding, to see if maybe, just maybe, the slim possibility that you could call this off? Conceivably, you could convince them to see the ways that you knew that village meant so much to you?

Would it work? Would they see the ways of the new person? Would they try and understand, or would they be so much more into this skirmish, that no one will listen to the other, no one will try and hide the fact that mad at them? It would be chaotic, like fire making friends with alcohol, only for the combustible item to be betrayed in the end, causing fire to grow larger, considerable, worse. Ever since that day, you had made sure never to go in the areas where your enemies were unassailable, as that was unideal terrain for you, and you didn't know your way around. Mainly, the landscape that was entering towards your enemies was more suitable for your fight or flight response. A swampy area that you knew slimes resided in well, making it one of the more places for zombies and other mobs to go and be protected from the sun during the daytime. It was a perfect place to let someone get bopped by some horde and take their stuff afterward.

"I only hope for this... You know what I mean, Maxwell...?"

Your eyes proceeded to glance over to the cobblestone that marked your dog's burying place, and silently, you began to debate if having a pet was any sort of a good idea to have in a conflict. More into that, what kind of pet would be good to have in a war? A wolf, a pet dog.. no, that would pretty much cause you to weep more every time. Seemingly next to the burial, was a flower bunch, laid on pieces of iron blocks in the dirt. Roses, peonies, and any flowers that you could scrouge, sometimes even making some of a monument of Sweetie's legacy during her time in the village. Nodding your head, you never heard the small footsteps of another living soul behind you, that is until a deep sort of voice coughed and spoke up.

"Star, you're there. I was wondering where you were for the past day or so."

You darted around, finally landing your eyes on the voice behind you. The male was at least some inches taller than you, dark curly brown hair covering the small spots of his forehead as a small grin resided on his face. His hazel eyes were staring down at you, blinking with some sort of.. comfort, holding something to where he knows what you've been through. On his head, was a sort of crown, you had remembered in one stream, Dream gave him a custom link for a skin that someone had made for him. On the crown, in scratchy font, was "T R A I T O R", in pure bold letters in capital letters. You didn't know why someone would do that, but it seemed that Eret didn't mind, even making it his official Minecraft skin to show everyone.

More or less, he held a diamond hoe in his hand, sort of swinging it around. It was enchanted, for what reason you would never get to know as you never had the chance to ask him during in-game, or in real life. You backed up slightly, he was with Dream Team, right? The betrayal was all over YouTube, even different pov's and reactions were uploaded during the times of the betrayal. It was famous, sparking a new revolt in the comments.