-23-

Location: Earth

Seonghwa

As I'm laying on the bed thinking, my stomach growls once, and it occurs to me that I haven't had anything to eat yet. If I had a choice, I would prefer not to go get anything myself, considering that this isn't my house or my property. Heck, this isn't even my home country!

Unfortunately, I'll have to go downstairs and get food for myself. And risk facing Hongjoong in the process. Oh well, it can't be helped at this point.

At that moment, I hear a soft knock. I wince and turn away to avoid the dreaded opening of the door. To my surprise, the sound of the door opening doesn't come.

I stand up and walk over to the entryway, opening it, and looking outside. There isn't anyone there. My slippered feet bump against something on the floor, so I look down.

It's a tray, and on the tray is food. Breakfast. An overwhelming sense of gratitude fills my heart. He remembered that I didn't want to be bothered, so he just left the food. In that instant, I also feel a sense of regret.

Why did I tell him that I wanted to be left alone? If I hadn't done that, would he have stayed to chat? Would I feel less guilty about everything?

I shake my head, clearing the thoughts from my mind. What matters now is that I have food to fill my empty stomach. I'll have to thank Hongjoong later, but for now, I really need to enjoy this delicious meal.

I'm starving.