-54-

Location: Earth

Hongjoong

*previously*

There wasn't any way to get the griffin out from the cage, not without Hongjoong risking his life by touching those lethal cage bars.

How was he supposed to get the creature out?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

The human crept closer to the cage, slowly. He didn't want to scare the creature any more. But of course, he still ended up scaring it anyway. The griffin jumped, accidently hitting one of the spiked bars. Oh no.

The creature fell to the floor of the cage, convulsing with the electric shock.

Of course, the noise brought a couple of circus workers running over. He could hear the irregular tempo of footsteps outside the car. In the spur of that moment, to hide, he jumped behind a pile of crates.

And not a moment too soon, the instant that he did he heard the door slide open and the people hurrying inside. But what he heard next shocked him.

Instead of caring for the now injured creature, they just stood there to laugh at it. Almost as if the found its injury the most hilarious joke. One of them even had the guts to kick a pebble he found on the ground at the poor creature. Hongjoong was seething with anger. How could they treat their animals like that?! The harsh reality of the circus...

A few minutes later, he heard the carriage door bang shut once again, so he stood up and went back over to the from to the cage. The abused animal was still lying on the floor. "A-are you alright?"

The creature sighed into the floor of the cage, almost as if to say: "you just saw me get taunted and hit and you have the audacity to ask if I'm alright?! Wow... "

"No need to be sarcastic.. Now, how do we get you out?"

To his surprise, the creature sat up and shook its head. It gestured towards one of the circus posters which had floated out from one of the crates.

The date stated for the griffin to make its appearance was the very next day. In that moment, Hongjoong understood. "No! I know you're really kindhearted, but it doesn't mean you should risk your life for that one day."

The creature stared down at the floor, as if saying that it was resigned to fate.

Well, all that's gonna change in a few minutes. Hongjoong came up with a plan. One that wasn't as ridiculous or last minute as the hippogriff one.

Unfortunately, he would have to wait until the next evening to execute it, so he bid the griffin a hurried goodbye before slipping out the carriage and back again into the night.

He hurried home, extremely relieved that he hadn't woken anyone else up until he saw the pair of glaring eyes coming from the mouth of the imitation cave. Jongho was up, and he was not happy, not happy at all.