-48-

Location: Earth

Hongjoong

Yeosang's Story

"The second one I adopted was our Sangie that you just met earlier. He's a phoenix that was also abandoned, similarly to Jongho, for being different. You know, most phoenixes are usually red, with orange and yellow as accent colours, but Yeosang was born with pink and white plumage instead. Their flock despised him for those differences, and they threw him out, not wanting to associate with one that didn't seem like his own kind."

*two and a half years ago*

Although I rarely leave my home, or at least, the home I work at, it is sometimes necessary to go elsewhere for other items. Things that I'm unable to get from the house. So, once a week, I head over to the next town for groceries. I usually stock up enough to last me a week or more, depending on how fast I use it.

On one of those dark, gloomy mornings, I decided it was time to get the groceries again. It couldn't be helped. I had ran out of coffee powder and pancake mix after breakfast, and my little man needs his coffee. Moreover, the washing powder was also running low. Despite convincing myself it was madness to leave the house when it was going to pour, I headed over to the garage, yes there is a garage though I rarely use it, and drove to the next town.

Halfway through the journey, the sky decided it had enough of life and started crying it's tears of unhappiness and discontent. Buckets and buckets of rain poured from the unassuming clouds. At that instant, I felt extremely lucky that I had the car, and that I was inside the car. If I didn't, I would have been drenched.

Others were born to be not as fortunate, which I found out in the next minute, when I saw a rather colourful heap beside the road. It was damp from the rain and discoloured from the mixture of dirt and mud, but the colours still shone through.

I drove past it, only to slam down on the brakes hard when the thing started to move. It was alive.

A split second decision was made.

I got out of the car, and ran over to the being, which I still had no idea what it was, but decided I had to save it anyway as it was alive. A closer look at it almost brought me to tears. It was a phoenix chick, and it couldn't have been more than a few weeks old.

What had been hidden from me was the fact that it was also bleeding, but due to its red feathers, I wasn't able to tell. The only way I noticed was the speckles of blood on its pristine white plumage.

In an attempt to shield it from more harm, I pick it up hurriedly, only for the tiny chick to let out an unholy shriek of pain. Its wing hung down at the side at an awkward angle, broken.

At the sound of the cry, an entire flock of phoenixes took off from the depths of the forest, flying off in the opposite direction. Upon that sight, the baby lets out heartbroken chirps. That was likely his flock, and they'd just left him.

Two of the larger phoenixes turned their heads at the last minute, they were probably his parents. But still, they left without a second glance. They couldn't even be bothered to care for their baby.

The colours of those phoenixes were much, much different from this child. Theirs feathers being red, orange and yellow, while the baby's being red, pink and white. He was unique, and that made him not blend in.

Thinking back to Jongho made me realise, they'd abandoned their child too. Abandoned their child due to their differences. Complete ignorance.

Well, if I can take in one baby and raised him well, I can take in another. I walk back to the car and drive into the town, getting my groceries and taking the phoenix chick to the vet.

*in the present time*

"Afterward, I brought him home and raised him into the fine bird that he is now. He might have healed his physical wounds, but the wounds of the heart aren't as easily cured. That's why he sits up at the top of the trees everyday. He's still waiting for his flock to return for him. But... I don't think they will ever return. It's alright, even if they don't return, Sangie will always have a family here, in this home."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

HELP GUYS IM RUNNING OUT OF PARTS ON THIS STORY!!!!! WHO KNEW 40+ PARTS WOULDN'T BE ENOUGHT AHHHHHHH!!!

But thank you so much for reading!!! :)

~cey xx