~10~

"It's so good to see you!"

"Are you okay?"

"We've missed you!"

They exclaim, along with some more questions. But they're not really looking for an answer.

"Guy, not that I'm not enjoying this because I totally am, but I can't really breath." I finally gasp out with a laugh.

They laugh too, but let go.

Then Uncle Wu gives me a hug as well, which I return gratefully. But it's Garmadon and Misako I'm nervous about. I can't find it in me to hug them. I know their our parents and I'm being really mature right now, but all I can manage is a smile and an awkward nod. I'm just happy that they don't force anything more than that. Because if you really think about it, this would be my first time meeting Garmadon. The real Garmadon. And I don't start any introductions with a hug. I never have.

I'll get there eventually.

Like I said: mature!

Finally Kai says, "well, we should probably head back to the monastery."

My twin shakes his head, his eyes show that he's in deep thought over something, "no, we can't yet. We have somewhere we need to go first."

We all give him a puzzled look, "we do? Where?" Jay questions

"The Temple of Light." Lloyd says with a confirming nod.

"That was the last place I excepted him to say."

"Why...?"

He sighs, "I think I'm coming to the conclusion that this is too much power for one person to have. As long as I have it, they'll never stop coming for me."

"But Lloyd, they destroyed the Overlord virus and Darkness is paralyzed." Nya says

"But can we guarantee that no one else will covet it?"

No one answers because no one can say for sure.

Darkness may be locked up, but who knows how long that will last. The Overlord is defeated, but we've thought that before. Hell, even Pythor could end up trying to take it!

"What's your idea then?" Cole asks

"I think it would be best if you 4 help me contain it." Lloyd answers

"Like we have elemental powers the way you do?"

"Exactly."

"I don't know if that's such a good idea, Lloyd." Garmadon breaks in, "this will put everyone at risk."

Lloyd obviously wasn't thinking of this and now looks even more lost in thought, now weighing all the risks.

"I'll help you bear that risk, Lloyd." Kai says finally.

"You're just saying that because you want the ability to have fire at your fingertips." Nya whispers to her brother, loud enough for us all to hear.

I giggle at the same time Kai says, "shhhh!" But he's smiling the whole time.

"But Kai's right," Jay breaks in, "I'll help too!"

"I will as well." Zane says

"Count me in." Cole says punching his palm.

"Are you all sure?" Uncle Wu asks

"Yes, Sensei." They say in unison, but then Zane adds, "from here on out, we can't let anything separate us again." He turns and smiles at me, "any of us."