~19~

(Lloyd POV)

Zane starts freezing the Darkness Lindsey form. His ice is somehow able to slow her down.

The shadows release the others, dropping them to the ground. Wu and I were the only ones not to get grabbed, my dad was only just being taken when Zane got up to her.

Everything gathers together and watches. Zane's trying to talk to Lindsey, trying to get her attention. It takes a few tries, but she eventually opens her eyes.

I don't know what they're saying, all I can hear is Darkness whenever she yells something at Zane.

But I notice Zane is letting out a continuous stream of ice. Using that much nonstop power of exhausting for a human. I know Zane being a robot makes him able to do it for longer, but not forever. This has to be damaging his heart.

"He's not letting go!" I exclaim to the others.

They must've noticed this as well because Jay says, "His heart, he's reaching critical mass."

"If his heart overloads, he'll blow. He'll never survive." Cole says

"Let go of her, Zane! What is he doing?!" Kai says frantically.

All of us were panicking, trying to get Zane's attention. I appreciate him helping Lindsey, but I don't want him to get hurt in the process. Or worse. And I know Lindsey doesn't as well.

"He's protecting us." Wu says calmly, but I can tell he's upset as well.

Lindsey's becoming less and less consumed by Darkness the longer Zane keeps up his elemental ice. I can fully see her face now and she looks distraught.

But that's when I hear Zane say, "go, ninja, go!" And releases the biggest ice beam I've ever seen him use. His power source won't survive that.

"No, Zane, no!" Jay screams and starts to run towards him.

I follow behind him, then Cole and Kai. Nya, Pixal and Borge all watch, not knowing what to do. And Pixal looks horrified. Wu stands in mine and Jay's way, while my dad blocks the others.

"We have to get out of here now." My uncle says and starts to push us away.

Dad gets the other 3 attention and we have no choice but to leave without Zane and Lindsey.

We get inside the nearest building, Jay and Kai freaking out the whole time, practically being dragged by Wu and dad.

As soon as the door is shut everything is covered in ice. I don't know how far it reaches up the buildings. We look through the windows, trying to see what happened, but the ice distorts everything.

I can barely make out a blackish purple image and my sister laying on the ground a few feet from her. But Zane's nowhere to be found.

Everyone was silent, but Kai didn't waste anytime throwing the door open, just to meet a solid block of ice. So he immediately tries to melt through the frozen barrier. It must be thicker than he thought because he frustratedly punches it with his fist in flames before actually going back to breaking through.

I peek through the distorted window again and see my sister slowly standing up and walking over to Darkness.

I wish I knew what they were talking about. I wish I knew what happened to Zane. Where did he go?