~18~

"Lloyd, I can't do it!"

Saying it out loud made me lose even more of the already dwindling control I had to begin with when I woke up.

The evil wasn't coming out of my eyes as fast, my body slowly stopping the ejection. Probably meaning that Darkness is taking over even more.

"Just peachy!"

I shake my head, "I can't do it. I can't control her." I say... somewhat sob actually.

"That's it, sweetheart."

"Yes, you can, Lindsey." Lloyd says

I shake my head and look down again.

"Lindsey, you can do this."

"We believe in you."

"You have to do this. Darkness needs to be contained."

"If anyone can do this, you can."

Do they actually think they're helping? All this is doing is adding to the tremendous weight on my shoulders. I get they're being sweet and supportive, but seriously stop it!

I know Darkness is completely loving this, I swear she lives for my demise. Plus the anger is me is growing. The uncontrollable rage that she loves to kickstart. Which of course she has to start up right now.

I look up at the others, my eyebrows furrowed... "Are my eyes purple?" I can't tell for sure, but it feels like they might be. Or maybe starting to change?

"If you want her contained so badly, you do it!" I snap at them, but then the anger slightly subsides and I blink in confusion.

"Is that my voice?"

It sounded like me, but kinda screechy. Maybe a little high pitched on certain words. That's what Darkness sounds like, but I've only ever heard it when I was stuck inside my head, never coming out when I'm the one doing the talking... unless I'm not the one doing the talking?

I'm clearly not the only one confused by my voice. Everyone was looking at my really concerned, but mostly bewildered.

"Okay, what was that?" I ask more regularly this time.

"Come on, Linds, can't you figure it out?"

My Voice came out like Darkness again, only the entire sentence.

"Was that me or was that in my head?"

"Okay, am I the only one seeing this?!"Jay exclaims, "with the one," he points to my left eye, "and the other." Then points to the right one, "and the half and half." This time he gestures to my hair, "seriously, what is going on here?!"

I furrow my eyebrows and my mouth kinda opens, "uh-" I kinda laugh at his reaction to something I'm clearly not understanding, "Someone mind catching me up?"

"It appears as though both yours and Darkness' conscious are fighting for dominance at the same time. You're physically Lindsey and Darkness simultaneously, split in half. And it would seem as though your voice is doing the same thing, only it keeps switching back and forth between sentences." Zane explains