Chapter 1

Opal's POV

I groan as I get hit again "get up you lazy bum" I hear Tamra yell, 

I groan once more before finally opening my eyes while getting blinded by the sun coming through the curtains. I send Tamara a glare making her laugh at me.

"Finally sleeping beauty is awake, come on sunshine we have to get to work," Tamara says while getting off the bed and going into her room.

 I groan once more before finally getting out of bed and going into my bathroom. I strip down and get into the shower letting the warm water cascade down my body. 

As I got out of the shower and got dressed in my uniform which consisted of a medium length skirt and a short-sleeved shirt, I remembered that our boss said an important customer was coming in today.

 I groan once more knowing that means he is gonna be extra bossy today. I walk out into the kitchen where Tamara was waiting at the door with two bananas in her hand 

"Glad you finally got dressed now let's go before we are late and the boss gets mad," she says as she hands me the fruit. Tamara and I walk to the cafe every day as we chat and just talk, it only takes about five to ten minutes walking there.

~At the Cafe~

As we walked into the cafe, it was quite empty today which was good cause lately it has been really busy and it just makes my feet hurt. 

"Good morning ladies good to see you guys here on time," our boss says as we put our stuff in our lockers, we both nod our heads as he keeps talking 

"and to remind you, girls, that an important man will be coming in today, The mafia king so we can discuss protection on the cafe, so please be on your best behaviour" again we both nod as Tamara goes behind the counter and I go and sit, waiting for customers. 

"Let's hope this mafia king has a hot girl because I am so lonely" Tamara whines as I giggle. When Tamara came out as a lesbian I didn't really care cause I supported her and knew her like she was my sister. 

"And he could be quite handsome for you little miss Opal," Tamara says teasingly. I shot her a glare. Yeah right, I really don't want someone at the moment.

"Even if he was handsome and nice he would never want me," I say before hearing the door open, Tamara and I look at the door only to see the hottest guy I have ever seen. I gape at him as he and his eight friends go and sit at a booth. 

"Well there he is the mafia king, go serve him Opal" is all that my boss says before shoving me to the table, I gulp scared about the fact that they all have guns strapped to them 

"Hi and welcome to the Little getaway what can i get you guys" i say while looking down at my notebook 

"look at me" says a deep husky voice.

 I take a deep breath before looking up at him, I am visibly shaking by now. The king looks at me with soft eyes, I am confused until my boss comes running to the table and saying 

"I am sorry she can get cold feet" he says before beginning to push me away from the table before the deep husky voice starts to speak.