day 1

"wake up, zane! school is starting today!"

zane opened his eyes to see his annoying younger brother and groaned.

"what time is it?" he asked.

vlyad turned to look at the black clock on zane's bedside tables.

"six o seven. garroth and i are making breakfast, so you better hurry up," vlyad answered before turning and running out of zane's room.

he rolled over and covered himself with his blanket.

several minutes passed and he felt someone shaking him. he woke up again to see his older brother this time.

"wake up otherwise i'm not driving you to school," garroth threatened before leaving the room.

zane rolled his eyes and decided to get up. he walked over to his closet and rummaged through his many hoodies. he decided to wear his fall out boys with ripped jeans and checkered vans. then he walked over to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

he then brushed his hair to cover his one eye, that garroth caused to become blind. he went back to his room and grabbed his mask and backpack.

he ran downstairs, not bothering to greet his family. he just sat at the table and pushed away the plate garroth gave him.

garroth looked at zane with a disappointing look, and zane shrugged. "i'm not hungry," he said.

vlyad took the plate and ate it instead. then he excitedly grabbed his backpack and ran to the front door.

"i can't wait to go to high school with you guys! i know this will be a fun year!" vlyad exclaimed.

garroth grinned, "yeah baby brother. it will be fun. lemme grab my keys and we can leave."

zane rolled his eyes, "vlyad, you're just going to be bullied for being a nerd. don't think high school is all that great."

he noticed his younger brother's spark in his eyes was gone, but he didn't care.

he lost his will to care after his mom died.

garroth smacked zane's head and scold him for being rude. but zane just brushed it off and pushed his brother back.

then they walked to garroth's car and garroth drove to school.

after 20 minutes of vlyad being excited and garroth talking about baseball, they finally arrived.

zane turned to vlyad and spoke.

"welcome to your hellhole for the next 3 years, vlyad. enjoy it."

vlyad just rolled his eyes and ran inside the school with garroth.

zane walked into the school he did not miss and looked at his schedule.

math was first.

he made his way to his math class and sat in the back corner. he pulled out his phone and scrolled through tumblr.

then he heard his teacher talking about a new kid. he looked up puzzling, a new kid?

everyone knew each other, so this was interesting.

he noticed a white haired, emerald green eyes, confident boy standing in front of the class. he grinned widely as he waved to the class.

"what's up? i'm travis and i moved from omaha. i know we're gonna have fun here!" he confidently said, and zane rolled his eyes.

great, another annoying, loud kid.

the teacher smiled at travis, "you can sit in the back beside zane."

w a i t

me?

zane glared at his math teacher as travis walked past students until he got to the empty desk beside zane.

"hi, you must be zane! i'm travis!" the other boy exclaimed, holding out his hand for a handshake.

zane just ignored it and faced the teacher.

"o-okay then, anti social, i guess," travis mumbled under his breath.

zane rolled his eyes.

this dude really think he can just say that about me?

i already don't like him.