day 14

zane woke up to his phone ringing. he looked at the caller id, it was travis. he sighed before clicking answer.

"heyy zaney, i was thinking and i just realized, i never took you out on a official date."

zane let out a surprise laugh, "it's one in the morning on a school night, and you're thinking of me?"

he heard shuffling on the phone, before a quiet whisper.

"y-yeah."

zane blushed. this boy is way too cute.

"well, i'll let you take me on a date. but you need to sleep for school. i noticed you haven't been sleeping well."

"yeah, i have insomnia, so it's hard for me to fall asleep."

zane sighed, "i understand. i'll stay up for you to help you fall asleep."

"no zane, you need to sleep too!" travis protested.

"travis, i care about you. if you can't sleep, i want to at least try to help you sleep. or at least stay up with you so you won't be alone."

"z-zane, you care about me?" travis whispered again, and zane could only assume the other boy is blushing and smirking at the same time.

"y-yeah," he stuttered.

he heard travis celebrate before silence.

"zane, i care about you too. which is why i want you to sleep."

zane hanged up before facetiming travis.

he waited as travis was connecting before he saw travis' cute face.

his eyes had dark purple bag from all his sleepless night, and zane felt bad. he never noticed.

"i thought you hanged up on purpose," travis said, his voice breaking.

"no, i just wanted to see you, i'm sorry."

both boys set their phone down against something then laid down on their beds.

zane watched as travis covered himself with his dark green blanket.

"i can't sleep, zane. i don't know what's wrong with me," travis whispered, his smile now gone.

"there's nothing wrong with you. i promise you that. i'm here for you any day or night, just call me if you can't sleep," zane responded, his face red cause he never felt like this before.

travis smiled, "by the way, your freckles is really cute."

zane frozed, his mask isn't on. neither is his eye covered. he went to grab his brush and mask, but travis stopped him.

"you're beautiful no matter what zane. i lo- like you for who you are, and nothing is going to change that."

zane didn't notice the slip up, but instead smiled back as he said he likes him back. he then got comfortable in his bed.

the two just stared at each other, and before zane knew it, his alarm was going off. he woke up and pushed snooze, but paused when he saw travis sleeping. he smiled at how cute travis is while sleeping, and decided to leave him alone for a few moment.

he changed his clothes, grabbed his homework and his bag before grabbing his phone.

"travy," he whispered into the phone. he noticed travis moving around, and he repeated travis name again.

travis finally opened his eyes and grinned when he saw zane.

"i had the best sleep ever last night. you really helped a lot zane, thank you."

zane blushed, "of course travis. anything for you."

the two boys smiled at each other before hanging up.

they'll see each other at school.