day 9

zane had stayed up all night talking to travis. he learned a lot about the emerald green eyed boy.

like how his favorite food is cheeseburger, he love the color green (obviously), and he was adopted.

zane didn't tell a lot about himself though. he was still reserved toward the younger boy. instead he bombed up the boy on the game every chance he got.

oops?

he finally woke up at noon, due to his younger brother waking him up. apparently vlyad wanted to talk to him about something.

zane got up and brushed through his hair before patting the empty space on his bed. vlyad smiled and sat down.

"so in my fourth hour, there's this person who's in talking to who's writing on my desk! they're in second hour, and he said he's the lady magnet."

zane scoffed, "is it garroth?"

"that's what i thought, but he's not in that class. i don't know who it is, but i don't want to tell them either. ever since i started school, people have been bullying me for being a nerd. i don't want that person to not be my friend because of me being a nerd," vlyad responded with a frown on his face.

zane wanted to say 'i told you so' but he felt it wasn't appropriate for the moment.

so he opted to hug his brother, "if they don't want to be your friend because of your smartness, then they're not a real friend."

vlyad pulled away from the hug and smiled. "thank you, you're the best!"

zane shrugged, "get out of my room."

vlyad laughed before leaving the room.

zane then looked at his phone where he saw two text messages from travis and aphmau.

aphmau asked to hang out, while travis said good morning.

he replied to both, before getting ready to hang out with aphmau.

he pulled out a black ripped jeans, gray hoodies, and classic black vans. he then grabbed his phone off the charger and ran downstairs. he ignored the apple that garroth placed on the counter for him.

he went to the park and texted aphmau that he was there.

A: sorry, something came up! but i sent someone to hang with you (;

zane knew something was up. aphmau never bailed on him. he knew aphmau had a plan, and once he saw travis, it all clicked.

aphmau wanted to bring travis and zane closer. travis smiled when he saw zane.

"heyyyy zaneee, hows it going?"

zane shrugged, "it's going."

he saw travis' face fall before the smile returned.

"well, i figured we could go to the pond. i brought some snacks."

s n a c k s?

no thanks.

zane faked a smile, "oh garroth gave me a big breakfast this morning. so i'm kinda full, sorry."

travis shrugged, "it's okay! cmon, let's go see the ducks!"

zane smiled at the childish boy, before running after him.

they was panting when they reached the pond.

zane gasped at the beauty of the pond. there was a garden filled with roses, lilies, daisies, and many more. there was ducks, frogs, fishes, and other animals swimming in the water. it was slightly shielded off by tress surrounding the pond. the pond was such a clear, beautiful blue color, and zane fell in love with the beauty immediately.

travis stared at the boy mesmerized by the pool. "you know, the pond remind me of your eyes. beautiful blue," travis said after a minute.

zane blushed, "my eyes are ugly, shut up."

travis scooted closer to zane, "no, it's beautiful. just like every inch of you. you're beautiful zane."

zane noticed the white haired boy leaning in, and he jumped up.

"i gotta go home."

travis got up as well, his face red. "i-i'm sorry zane, i didn't mean to."

zane shook his head, "don't. i don't like you playing with my feelings like this."

travis shook his head back, "i'm not. i really like you zane. and i meant what i said. you are so beautiful, anyone would be lucky to have you. i would be extra lucky to have you."

zane hid his head in his hands, "stop it travis, i-i'm not gay."

travis face fell, "i-i'm sorry, i should've never assumed your sexuality. oh god, i screwed up."

zane watched as travis left, his eyes brimming with tears.

until he fell to the ground, sobbing.

what is wrong with him?