IV.

The rum burns as it runs down your throat, and you grimace before setting the illegal bottle down in front of you

The rum burns as it runs down your throat, and you grimace before setting the illegal bottle down in front of you. Spencer giggles, sitting criss cross on your floor in front of you. You glare at him.

"No laughing at me, brainiac. Your turn."

"Spencer picks up the bottle, looking at you. "Question?"

You think for a moment. "Hm...what's the most embarrassing thing you've ever been caught doing?"

"Oh, one time when I was younger, I tried stealing a bunch of books from the library." Spencer giggles again, his toothy smile growing. "My mom caught me, and I had to take them back. I was so embarrassed—I thought they were never going to let be back inside the library ever again." He takes a sip from the bottle, swallowing then coughing before setting it down.

You laugh, tilting your head at him. "You're were a wild child, Spencer."

A slight blush forms across his cheeks, and he averts his gaze to the floor. You lean forward slightly, resting your elbows on the inner part of your knees.

"You know, you're like my only friend," you tell him, sighing.

"That's not possible," Spencer replies, mirroring your position.

You raise your eyebrows. "It is. Before you came along it was just me, books, and Google. Six months later, it's you, me, books, and Google. Except you don't use Google."

He grins. "I can't believe I've only known you for six months. It feels like I've known you forever."

You laugh, picking up the bottle. "Okay, my turn. Question."

"How many people have you kissed?"

You scoff, shaking your head. "I haven't kissed anyone."

You set the bottle down to the side, averting your gaze. You feel Spencer's eyes on you, and you tap your fingers against the floor.

"I haven't either."

You raise your head, looking at Spencer. "Really?"

"I was twelve when I was high school, and I had earned three degrees before I turned eighteen. I was a super nerd. So, yeah, really."

"I was just, uh, awkward, so I didn't ever have boyfriends or girlfriends or whatever." You feel heat creep across your cheeks.

Spencer's quiet for a moment and you meet his gaze, his hazel eyes seeming to search for something in your face. Your stomach flutters as he looks at you, and you give him a small grin.

"Kiss me," you say, watching Spencer's eyes widen.

"What?" He practically squeaks, his face turning a darker shade of red.