XVII.

TW: mentions of blood, choking, use of the safe word

You feel the knife slice across your skin, biting your bottom lip to keep from making noise

You feel the knife slice across your skin, biting your bottom lip to keep from making noise. You tug at your restraints, the unsub's laugh vibrating around you.

"It's no use, Marianna. You can't get out. You can't leave me."

"I-I'm not—"

A slap across your cheek interrupts your sentence, a small whimper escaping you. The unsub grips your throat, the knife hovering right above your eyebrow.

"Shut up!" He yells, digging the knife into your forehead, squeezing your throat tightly.

Your cries are muffled by his hand on your throat, your lungs burning. You feel the blood—

"Ace! Hey! Wake up!"

You cry out as you open your eyes, feeling two hands squeezing your arms, your breathing ragged. You try to steady your breathing as you look at Spencer's face, his hazel eyes searching your face.

"S-Sorry," you whisper, pushing your hair out of your face.

"It's alright, Ace," Spencer murmurs. "You were having a nightmare."

"Was I screaming in my sleep?" You mumble, feeling sweat drip down the back of your neck.

"Almost," Spencer replies, pulling you into his arms.

You close your eyes, resting your forehead in the crook of Spencer's neck. He rubs his hand up and down your back soothingly, and soon enough, you feel your heartbeat return to normal. You lean back, Spencer keeping his arms around you.

"How does your head feel?" He asks, looking at the stiches above your eyebrow.

"It hurts a little," you mumble, giving him a little smile. "But I bet I look sexy with this black eye though, huh, brainiac?"

"Of course, you do, Ace," he says, grinning at you.

"Don't lie," you reply, resting one of your hands on the side of his neck.

"I'm not," he retorts, hooking his finger under your chin. He tilts your head to the side, looking at the bruise under your eye. "Was your nightmare about yesterday?" His voice is quiet.

You look straight at him, his finger still under your chin. "Mhm."

"I'm sorry, Ace," he says softly. "Just remember, you're here. With me. It'll get better."

"I know," you respond. "Don't you have to be at work?"

Spencer shakes his head. "Not today. Hotch said I could stay here...just to make sure you're okay."

"Well, what do you want to do today?" You ask, running your fingers through his hair.

"We could watch some movies," he says, running his thumb along your cheek.