Chapter 7: A new friend

Third person P.O.V

He didn't come.

"If you weren't going to come, you could have texted me." Y/N complained while blankly staring at the table.
She decided to send him a text to confirm. I should have texted him before. I'm such an idiot.

Text

Y/N:
Hey. Are you coming?

Don't pick up:
Sorry, I can't make it today. I got some work.

Y/N:
Next time let me know beforehand. I don't want to keep waiting for hours. Thanks <3

She texted and waited for a reply but alas...
Did he just seenzone me? Her heart felt heavy and she felt the anger build inside her.
"What the fuck." Y/N got up slamming her palms on the cafe table.
"I guess I'll just have a coffee before I go home." She sighed heavily. With this, she walked up to the counter to make an order.
"Hello! What shall I get you today?" A cheerful familiar voice caught her attention. "Oh! It's you!" Y/N exclaimed in surprise.
"Oh woah Hi! Fancy seeing you here." He giggled. "So, what can I get you?"
"I'll have an ice coffee, thank you."
"One ice coffee coming right up!"
"A few moments later the familiar man brought her her coffee. She received it with a smile and went down to sit on a table not too far away from the counter. The man could see her sit down and sip on her coffee. He smiled at her as if she were a little puppy.

Hours passed. Y/N just sat there looking outside the windows. It was tiring at the apartment because she lived alone and she also needed some fresh air after all this 'overthinking' that she had done.

"Hey! You're still here?" The man who gave her coffee asked walking up to her while taking off his uniform apron. He had just finished working.
"Ah! Yeah... I think I'll be leaving now, though." She nervously smiled at him. "Oh I just got off my shift. I'll walk you home. It's already 8:30. Pretty late."
Y/N reluctantly agreed. I guess it'll be better to not walk alone at this hour.
The two started walking towards Y/N's apartment. "I'm sorry I didn't catch your name earlier." She asked face palming herself.
"Earlier? I don't think I've introduced myself properly at all. My bad!"

Y/N YOU'RE WALKING WITH SOMEONE WHOSE NAME YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. WHHHHAT THE HELL.
Y/N started screaming in her mind while maintaining her composure on the outside.
"I'm Bang Chan. I am in Third year. Same course as you." He introduced while waving his hand.
Y/N smiled in acknowledgement. "I'm Y/N. First year. Nice meeting you again." She did the same.
"Thanks for the envelope earlier. You helped me a lot! I'll treat you to a coffee next time you come to the cafe hahaha." Chan offered. "It's called Tea cafe, but our coffee is good tooo!" Y/N agreed nodding her head aggressively. "Yessss it is! I'm actually fond of milk tea. Next time I come, I'm gonna drink that. Sooo be prepared!" She said, excitement clear in her voice.
"Is college being nice to you?" Chan suddenly questioned, being interested in how the junior is doing in this new environment.
"It's not bad. Things are going well, I guess."
"You looked sad and dissapointed in the cafe. Did something happen? You stayed there for quite a long time as if you were waiting for someone." He added. "Sorry for asking..." Sudden guilt took over him after he realised he had asked too much on the first meet.
"Oh it's okay. We had a pair assignment assigned to us and my partner didn't show up. That's all." Dejection was pretty clear in her voice.
"I'm sorry about that. I hope he makes up for it. MAKE HIM DO THE ENTIRE ASSIGNMENT." Chan tried to cheer Y/N up.
"I'm alright now. Thanks, Chan!" Y/N smiled brightly to not worry the elder. 

Chan and Y/N talked about literature and college all the way to her apartment.

Y/N P.O.V

"Oh we're here. Thanks for walking me home. I'm kind of scared of the dark so this was helpful." I said to him, my cheeks flushed a light pink shade because of me telling about my fear.
"Oh I'm glad I could help you. If you want, we could walk home everyday! I live like two blocks away. "
"Oh that'll be fun! We could do that. Thanks Chan!" I opened my door. "You can go now."
"Lock your doors first. I'll go then." He said crossing his arms refusing to leave.
I sighed. "Yes yess! Good night!" I looked around the roadside while responding to him. That's weird. I thought someone was behind us.  I walked inside my apartment and locked the door behind me.
"GOOD NIGHT Y/N! I'll see you tomorrow!" Chan screamed enough for just me to hear. I smiled to myself. I've made a senior friend. Wow. Here I thought I'd not get involved with too many people. Hahaha.

*Beep*

I pulled out my phone to see the message hoping it was from Felix.

Text

Hannie~ : Hey! What's up?

Me : heya. I just got back from outside.

Hannie~ : oh weren't you gonna meet up with Felix today to do the asseigemmt? I kinda overheard. Sorry.

Hannie~ : assignment*

Me : yeaaahh he didn't show up. :')

Hannie~ : oh man I'm sorry. Why is he being this way... I crie

Me : it's alright. Hey, I'm kinda sleepy. I'm going to bed, right? Good night. <3

Hannie~ : so early? Ah alright. Good night! See you tomorrow.

Me: <3

I put my phone down and sighed. It's nice knowing Han's worried about me. But I don't want to burden him with anything.

It was already 9:30. I had my dinner and went to bed worrying about the assignment. Ugh.

-Next day-

The alarm blared and I got up to get ready.
Another day of emotional stress I shouldn't even be worried about. I should be happy he's not bothering with me. But I need to get the assignment done as well. 
I sat at the table to eat my breakfast with my head in my palms before leaving for college.

I reached and saw people staring at me in the classroom and whispering.
Huh? What's happening?
I looked down to check my outfit. There was nothing wrong with it. I was wearing a simple purple cropped hoodie and my high waist black jeans.
That's weird.

Eunha just sat on my seat with her cheek in one of her palms looking at me teasingly. She smirked at me.

I run my hand through my hair awkwardly and proceed towards my seat. Ehhhhh
Han suddenly came running into the room, stopping right in front of me, panting.

He looked into my eyes expecting me to know something and deny it.
"Is it true?"
.
.
.
A/N's note:
I'm sorry for not uploading. I haven't been feeling well and have hardly any motivation to do a lot of things. But I'm back now, I guess! Thank you. 💜💜💜