Chapter 13: Lights out

Third person P.O.V

The light's went out suddenly making the two look around for a light source. It was dark outside as it was already 7:30 on the clock. The two had been drawing each other for a while.
But since the light went out, Y/N became conscious of every movement around her.
"Ah Han? W-where are you?" Y/N asked terrified. The enclosed room was pitch dark which hardly let any moonlight impale the walls and come inside.
"I'm getting the windows. I'm right here." Han comforted, struggling to find the windows.
"I'm scared." A shiver went down her spine. Quivering, she put her legs up on the couch and curled up into a ball.
"I'm here Y/N. Don't worry." He said as he finally opened one of the windows after using his mobile as a torch. The moonlight scattered inside the room, lighting it enough for the both of them to see each other's silhouette. "The light doesn't go out usually. I wonder what happened suddenly. Must be a bad weather." He walked back to the couch to check up on his friend but saw her flinch over every small movement of his.
"Y/N are you okay?" He asked concerned, nearing towards her and then putting his hand on her shoulder gently.
"Yeah... I'm just a little scared of the dark. Nothing much." She said as she looked up and gave a smile.
"Let me get the big torch. I'll be back. Don't worry." Han turned around to look for the said item but Y/N hand grabbed his wrist.
"Can I join? I'm just a little weird about being left alone. Sorry." She apologized and held his hand gently.
"Mhm. Sure." He held her hand and pulled her up from the couch.

It's dark and I'm holding her hand. I need to stay strong. Calm down Han.

"Are you okay? Your hand's warm and sweating." Y/N asked clueless but still held onto it like a little child.
"Ah yeah I'm okay. It's just hot in here hahaha." He nervously laughed to brush off the question.
The two reached his bedroom. The enclosed place was filled with moonlight as the big windows let it flow inside. It was well lit compared to the living room.
"Han, can we just sit in this room? We wouldn't have to use the torch either. I can see things here." She tugged on his hand to stop him from looking for the torch.
"If you're comfortable with it... Sure."
The duo sat at the edge of the bed and waited in an awkward nervous silence.

Han panicked and sweat started to roll down from this forehead but he mained his composure.
She's in my bedroom and on my bed. This feels like a dream. Is this reality?? I'm so nervous. I hope she's comfortable...

Snapping the boy out of this thoughts, Y/N broke the silence. "Can I stay here until the light comes back? The roads are pretty dark."
"Yeah. I don't think it's safe. I can walk you home if you want." Han rested his hands on the bed and sat comfortably pulling his legs up on the bed as well.
"The street lights are gone. It's pretty dark and my house if 10 minutes away. So it'll be better for me to stay here until it comes back. I'll atleast have someone." She said as she looked around and held her knees and pulled her legs up like Han.
"Ah yeah that makes sense. Stay as long as you want. I won't complain. It's nice having someone over." Han jumped with his butt on the bouncy bed trying to calm Y/N down.

"By the way...is this why Chan walks you home?" He asked, now with a serious tone.
"Yeah. We live in the same direction and besides, I'm scared of the dark either way...so he helps out. Better safe than sorry." She said as she flicked Han's forehead slightly.
"Owww why you do thattt?" He whined and grabbed Y/N's hand which was still hovered over his forehead.
The two looked at each other with the soft light falling on them, a scene which looked directly from a romantic movie.

"Y/N you look beautiful." Han said softly to himself which made Y/N flush a little more than necessary.
"Han...I-"
"It's okay. You don't need to say anything. Just know that I'm here for you."
He put his finger on her lips, shushing her gently with his soft gaze and smile.
"Thank you Han..." She said and looked back at him, maintaining an uncomfortably long eye contact.