Chapter 17: Time

Felix's P.O.V

"I'll wait." I held her hand gently and looked into her eyes. I am not sure what I was expecting to happen, but I could feel my temperature rise, my heart beat hasten and nervousness kicking in.

A weary expression appeared on her face.
Don't look at me like that. It's not good news.
Her face spoke volumes... something I feared.
.
.
.
"Felix, I'm sorry." Her voice echoed in the four walls and in my mind.
I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

"I like you. I really do. And I want to believe you do too. But..." Her weak arm caressed my cheek gently and then she pulled her hand away and looked outside the window. The sunlight fell on her. It looked like an angel was sitting in front of me.

"I like you, Y/N. I love you." I gathered my courage and confessed. The feeling had been eating me from inside. We never said those the words because they seemed to hold meaning that was not supposed to be said light-heartedly. We decided we'll only say it when we are ready. I'm ready. I cannot let this moment go.
"Y/N, I love you." Blurted out seriously, for this moment wasn't to be wasted. It felt like the right time and my feelings were strong.

She smiled shyly looking away, speechless. "How do you expect me to trust you again with that?"
"Remember how we had promised each other what we'd only say this when we actually mean it?" I struggled to find her gaze as she wouldn't look me in the eyes.
"And?" She asked, fidgeting nervously. Her eyes widened and her cheeks flushed red. Tear drops struggled to not fall off.
"I mean it."

"Felix... What about Ji- nevermind. I don't think I can do this right now. You've claimed to still like me since college started but... I couldn't feel it. We need efforts. Not that I want you to force yourself but if you were really serious about me, you'd show it through your actions? Jiwon isn't helping your case either." She looked away with tears threatening to fall out.

I felt my heart shatter. I didn't do a good job at expressing. I didn't put efforts. My body went numb and I could only hear these words.

"That's why I need time. I hope you understand what I mean." She completed her sentence formally. It wasn't a outright rejection but it felt like one. My body hurt. I didn't want to get up. I sat there, zoned out in her eyes, words echoing that only made me feel worse.

"It's okay... I'll do-" I got cut off with her lips crashing mine. I was taken aback because of the sudden advance. Not that I didn't like it, I wasn't expecting her to do that. The whole world stopped. My body melted at her touch. Our eyes closed, only focused on each other, we became a blushing mess. Her tiny hands cupped my face and my hands snaked to grab her waist to deepen the kiss. She blushed and pulled away a few seconds later leaving me to open my eyes slowly and involuntarily lean in for more, but I came back to my senses and stopped. It was short. I wanted more. We wanted more. But there was a line.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't stop myself." She quickly apologized, getting up from the bed to leave her room. My hand grabbed hers pulling her back on the bed, making her fall down. I hovered over her making her freeze in her position.
"Rest. You need it."
Our gazes interlocked and faces only a few inches away, I pecked her forehead and got up to stop myself from crossing the line.
"I'll go reheat your tea" I covered my messy face with my fist, grabbed our cups and headed to the kitchen.
As soon as I reached, my knees gave out and I crouched down hugging them. "What the heck just happened." I whispered to myself, unable to comprehend what had just happened.
I shivered and smiled to myself, being content with the progress, even though she said she needed time.
I got up. Hmph.

*Beep*
The sound of the microwave echoed and I took the now hot tea cups that I had put inside to heat up again.

I walked back to Y/N's room where she sat peacefully, looking better than before.
"I don't feel too sick anymore." She exclaimed putting her palm on her forehead and neck to check her temperature.
I set down the cups on the side table and sat beside her to check her temperature.
"I guess you're better now. Drink your tea and sleep for a while." I smiled to her and caressed her cheek. My hand gently brushed across her jawline and she smiled soulfully. "Mhm."

We sat there sipping on our beverages, waiting for the other to talk.
"Why didn't you join an art school?" I broke the silence. "Didn't you want to be an artist?"
A few seconds passes in silence.  Did I ask something wrong?
She sighed and looked outside the window.
"I just figured I wasn't gonna make it in that field. Didn't think I was good enough. I didn't take good decisions because of our breakup and now we're here." She sighed heavily again. "How stupid of me." A giggle escaped her lips, but it wasn't a happy one.

"Why would you think so... You're literally the most talented person I know. You can legit do anything. I've never seen you fail at a creative thing. You're meant to be in that field. Please try to get into it." I encouraged her. I may not be the best at it, but I tried. I genuinely wanted to her to pursue what she liked.

"I guess I'll try it after college. Get a degree first. A back up plan is always appreciated." She giggled and sipped at her tea.

The time passed quickly with us chatting about out dreams and plans until I got a text from Han.

Hann: Practice in half an hour. Come soon.

"Shit. I have to go. Dance practice." I quickly grabbed my bag and looked around for my things until I felt a hand holding mine. "Have a good day." She said and pulled back her hand.

"Yes, ma'am. You go to sleep. I'll text you later." I smiled at her warmly. Her eyes were drowsy and lazy and half closed. She nodded cutely and I walked out of the room.
"Bye, Y/N."
SO ADORABLE OH MY GOD.
My heart beat so fast and hard that I forgot I was supposed to be somewhere.
"Ah PRACTICE."

-At the practice-

Han and I danced until our bodies gave out. My energy was at its peak today because of Y/N. The fact that she might not want to associate with me anymore left my mind and only her soft cute face clouded my thoughts.

"You look happy today. Did something happen with Y/N? How is she?" Han asked worried as we sat down to rest, grabbing onto our water bottles to drink.
"She's doing better now. Her fever is gone. And yeah... She sorta rejected me." I said and sighed heavily. I had forgotten what had happened because of the other things that happened. Now that I mentioned it, the heavy feeling I had before only caved in again and left me dangling at an edge. My eyes filled up with tears enough for one to escape.

"It's okay man... Let's hope things work out for the better." He hugged me tightly trying to comfort me but a troubled expression covered Han's face, though couldn't blame him. He liked her too.

The practiced finished and we packed our bags to leave until the studio echoed with the stomping of heels.
"Felix. We need to talk." The approaching woman shouted.

"I don't want to. Give up already. Please leave me alone. Reflect on what you've done and are doing." I glanced at Han who only crossed his arms and glared at her intensely.
I grabbed his hand and ran out of the studio.
She shouted from the other room. The clicking of her heels reached our ears and we ran away.

"I'LL JUST TALK TO HER THEN!"