Going to beacon

I wake up to the incessant screaming of a woman as I wake up, rubbing my eyes.
Y/N: What is it?
I asked my mother,looking at me.
Mom: You forgot you go to beacon today? Hurry up and get dressed. You'll miss the ship in 30 minutes. Don't worry about your bags. They're in the living room.
My mother left the room.

When I told my mom I was going to beacon, she was ecstatic. To her, this meant I had a higher chance of not being like my half-brother. I didn't know much about the guy. I didn't even know what he looked like or his name. But from my mom's stories about him, he was a terrible person.

I shook my head. I tried to forget about it as I went to my closet to get dressed. I decided to go for a blue hoodie and jeans. Just because it's simple doesn't mean it's bad! I then go to my weapons and get my clackers. They might not seem like a weapon for combat, but when it comes to my semblance, it definitely is.

I run down from my room to downstairs where I find my bag and some scrambled eggs with toast and orange juice begging to be eaten. While I was stuffing my face, my mom looks at me with an expectant look.

Y/N: Thunkh Yu!
I say, while there is food in my mouth.
My mother looks satisfied and decides to say something. Mom: I'm proud as a mother to see my son going to beacon, but I'm worried as well.

She says, with a different tone of voice.
Mom: I've been your mother for 16 years and yet, it feels like yesterday.

I look at her, waiting to finish what she's saying so I can come up with a good enough response.
Mom: I'm not sure if I'm ready to let my son go. You'll be fighting tough grimm and maybe even worse than Grimm.

I see tears starting to form in my mother's eyes. I feel bad, knowing that I'll be going to beacon through some fake transcripts. Even though she doesn't know that, the thought of making me go to beacon is making my mother cry.
Mom: Promise me you'll be safe and won't be reckless.
I think of something to say.
Y/N:Don't worry, mom. I can be childish at times but I'm know what I'm getting myself into. I'll do everything I can to make you proud of me.
Mom: I already am. She says, hugging me.

Mom: Ok now go! It's only a matter of time before the ship launches. I panic. I quickly use one hand to hold my bag, and another to hold my half-finished breakfast and sprint to the door. I say goodbye to my mom before I ran all the way to the ship. I manage to finish my food before the bullhead was ready to launch. I get on the bullhead and after a few minutes, the bullhead starts to get off the ground. I look out the window to see a wonderful view of beacon.

But the moment is ruined as a blonde guy pukes into a trash can. Something else about me is that I wasn't the most social person. It's not that I've never had friends before, it's just that they're the ones who approach me. I wanted friends in beacon on my team so I could be closer to them. I watched a video on the internet about how to approach people and make friends with them. Very pathetic, I know. But it works. I walk over to the blonde guy and desperately try to say something.

Y/N:Um...hi. I just noticed that you were puking In that trash can and i want to be friends with you. The blonde guy stops puking and looks at me. Yep, I'd say this mission was a fail.

Y/N:Uhm... I'm sorry for bothering you.
as I ran back to the window, not looking back.

It was a long time before we reached beacon. When we landed all the students piled out. I wanted to be the last one out so it would be easier to find some potential friends to approach. After they all left, I got out and walked around the school. After wandering around a bit, I found a girl by herself with black hair.
"Bingo" i say to myself as I approached her. But before I can get closer I see a silver haired girl walk past me. The black-haired girl accidentally bumps into the silver haired girl.
She was on the ground on her knees.

Black haired girl: welcome to beacon...
I try to say something as i pull her up from the ground and try desperately to say something. She also tries to say something before she sees the blonde guy from the ship.
Black haired girl: aren't you that guy who threw up on the ship?

Time skip by king crimson

The black haired girl introduces herself as ruby rose.

Jaune: Well, the name's Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue, ladies love it!

Ruby:"Do they?"

Jaune: "They will! Well, I-I hope they will. My mom always says that... Never mind."

Y/N: well I'm Y/N Nicholas. There's not much to know about me other than I like scrambled eggs in the morning.

Ruby then decides to bring out her scythe, Crescent Rose and stabs it into the pavement.

Ruby:"So... I got this thing!"
Jaune:"Woah! Is that a scythe?"
Ruby:"It's also a customizable high-impact sniper rifle!"
Jaune: "A wha-"
Y/N: it's a firearm mainly used for long distances.
Jaune: you're not making this any easier to understand!

Ruby: it's also a gun.
Jaune: oh that's cool!
Ruby: So what've you got?
Jaune:Oh! I, uh...I got this sword! And this shield too!
Ruby:Oooohh!
Y/N: nice.
Ruby: So, what do they do?
Jaune:The shield gets smaller, so when I get tired of carrying it, I can just... put it away...
Y/N: But... wouldn't that just... weigh the same?
Jaune: Yeah, it does...
Ruby:Well, I'm kind of a dork when it comes to weapons, so... I guess I did go a little overboard when designing it.
Jaune: Wait... you made that?!
Ruby: Of course! All students at Signal forge their own weapons! Didn't you make yours?
Jaune: It's a hand me down. My great great grandfather used it to fight in the war.
Ruby: Sounds more like a family heirloom to me! Well, I like it! Not many people have an appreciation for the classics these days.
Y/N:I know the feeling.
Jaune: Y/N, what do you have?
Y/N: oh, I almost forgot to introduce you to these babies! (I take out to pairs of clackers).
Jaune: oh, you have clackers!
Ruby: do they have names?
Y/N: names? Oh right. You did name your scythe. hmmmm.... I got the perfect name! Crazy Diamond!
Ruby: that's a cool name! Did you think of that on the spot?
Y/N: ah, I see you are interested in Crazy Diamond! They DO enjoy attention.

Ruby giggles while Jaune was surprised at how "eccentric" I really am.

Ruby:Hey, where are we going?
Jaune:Oh, I don't know! I was following you two. You think there might be a directory? Maybe a food court? Some kind of recognizable landmark? Is, uh... Is that a no?" 
Ruby and Y/N:That's a no.

Author: Alright! I've finished this chapter! I'll do my best to get the next chapter as soon as possible!
Zodi out