Iniation part two

I sped out of there quickly out of excitement and 15 seconds later, ruby, yang, and jaune finally arrive. We all stood on strange tiles on the ground. I look around to see who else is here. I see Weiss, the dark-depression, bringer of awakenings, and three other people I don't know so I can't give them nicknames.

Ozpin: For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest. 
Glynda: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of teams. Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today. 

Ruby: What? Ohhh... 

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well. 

Ruby groans at this while I gulped.

Ozpin: That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years. 

Ruby: Whaaaat?!

I felt like I was going to have a breakdown breakdown at any second.

Ozpin: After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you will die. 

Ozpin: You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions? 

Jaune: Yeah, um, sir? 

Ozpin: Good! Now, take your positions. 

Everyone strikes a pose on their tile. Nora crouches low, Ren wields his weapons, Yang raises her fists, Ruby readies her body, and I stand there, looking at my watch and tap my left foot on the ground repeatedly.

Jaune is still raising his hand. 

Jaune: Uh, sir? I've got, um... a question. 

Suddenly Weiss is catapulted into the sky and students got launched, one by one.

Jaune: So, this landing... strategy thing... Uh, wha-what is it? You're, like, dropping us off or something? 

Ozpin: No. You will be falling. 

Jaune: Oh, uh, I see... So, like, did you hand out parachutes for us? 

Ozpin: No. You will be using your own landing strategy. 

Jaune: Uh-huh... Yeah. 

When yang was getting ready to launch, Yang winks at Ruby, puts on a pair of aviators, and flies off. 

Yang: Woo-hoooooooo!  Ruby looks at you and you give her a thumbs-up. Suddenly she is flung into the air.  On the outside, I was calm and collected. But on the outside I was like: OH MY GOD WHO WILL BE MY PARTNER!?! I'm fine with anyone if they weren't mean. I wouldn't mind ruby as my partner, though...