All alone

After I talked to velvet, the rest I could remember was this.

Y/n: alright, so why are you guys looking at me like that?

Travis: she was talking about those rumors. She said it happened after you said you were a Nicholas. Me and the rest will investigate and ask around.

Y/n: why can't I come?

Simon: you look like you're sleepy.

Y/n: what do you mean? Im not sle-

In y/n's mind

Y/n: what happened?

Jedediah: I was messing around with my abilities while you were talking. It seemed like a triggered a new ability by accident. This new ability seems like I can talk to you even in the day.

Y/n: right. Well, there doesn't seem like you need to talk to me about anything so I'm gonna go.

Jedediah: not so fast.

Y/n: fine. What do you need to talk about?

Jedediah: so we need to talk.

Y/n: about the rumors? Yeah.

Jedediah: so they've been starting rumors about you when you said your last name. Nicholas.

Y/n: maybe a family member did something bad?

Jedediah: do you know anyone other than your mom?

Y/n: my brother and father have been distant most of my life. My father was an officer trying to chase down a criminal for three years.

Jedediah:...

Y/n: so... I'm not sure what the rumors could be. I should ask some people.

Jedediah: good. Now wake up. Time to investigate.

Y/n: hmmm.... ok. Nothing an official detective can't handle.

Jedediah: just wake up already.

I woke up on my top bunk as usual. I looked around and found that I was the only one here.

So where are everyone?

On the windowsill, I found a piece of paper with a phone number on it.

I decided not to call it.

I decided to leave my dorm and I saw some random student to the left of me and ask him about the rumors about me.

Y/n: hi! Can you tell me abo-

The student ran away from me and went upstairs.

Huh.

And then, nearby, there was a female student. I asked the female student but she avoided eye contact.

So you're one of those? Ok

I walked around a bit and found a crowd of people. I approach them. But they started pointing at me and yelled.

"It's him!"

Then, it brought the attention of other people around me. I continued to walk to them but they kept their distance.

Y/n: wha-

Crowd: stay away from us!

Crowd 2: he's gonna go crazy! Stay back!

Something's off.

I tried to get some information out of these people but they were a lost cause. They seemed very scared of me for whatever reason. I gave up and walked away. I then saw ruby.