Chapter 1

Camilas POV:
I should not have even woken up this morning. I am late to class already and my stupid locker would not open. I kicked it with my 6 inch heels causing a loud echo to sound through the halls. I flipped the hair out of my eyes and looked up, spotting Wes strolling down the corridor. I know he has had a crush on me since forever and I had him wrapped around my little finger; Perfect.
"Hey, Wes honey?" I said in the most flirty tone of voice I could manage at this hour in the morning.
"Oh, hey Mila, what is up?" He jogged the distance between us and I tried to look as cute as possible.
"My locker is broken and I need someone to fix it. I am such a clutz I do not even know how it happened!" I giggled out and flashed him my best smile.
He puffed out his chest and looked intently at the locker "oh yeah sure I can fix that..simple yeah just stand back" at that I took 2 steps back and he ran his shoulder into the locker. It sprung open and I squealed, rewarding him with a kiss on the cheek.
"Thank you boo!" I grabbed my books and before he could say anything else I strutted away, my shoes clicking against the tiles of the hall.
This was not a one-time thing, I had most of the boys around here completely under my spell. That is just how it is. I am Camila Cabello; head cheerleader, AP student of the year since 2009 and I have the hottest boyfriend in all of Miami, Jake. He was hugely built which contrasted with my tiny frame. He had huge brown eyes and blonde hair. We have been dating since 7th grade when my father and his father became business partners.
In this school, you either want to fuck me or be me and that is just how it goes. I am not complaining at all, I worked hard to get to the top of this social ladder and no one is going to ruin it for me. I walked into my math class and everyone turned to face me as I walked in the door. Usually, I would have loved the attention but today was different. There was a girl standing at the top of the class besides the teacher.
"What the fuck," I whispered out under my breath while I took in her appearance. She obviously was not from around here. She had long wavy brown hair and an oversized denim jacket on with a opened grey zip-up hoodie underneath, a loose tank top and black tight pants with maroon dock martins on. She looked like a grunge freak. She looked me in the eye and I swear I felt sick. Her eyes were the greenest things I have ever seen. Her body language screamed stoner and I could not wait to get away from her. She smirked and blatantly checked me out; eye fucking my body by scanning me up and down, then bringing her eyes up to meet mine again with her smirk still in place.
"Ah, Camila, nice of you to join us. I was just introducing a new student, this is Miss Lauren Jauregui," Mr. Neeson said in a monotone voice.
"Since she was caught smoking this morning on school grounds..." he started, looking as bored as ever.

Of course, she smokes. God, what a junky. She probably has the numbers of half the dealers in this city already.

"...And you are late to class today. Instead of both giving you detention, you are going to be Lauren's guide for the next week. This way I can go home instead of supervising you two. While in school, you must eat together, sit together, even braid each other's hair. You can, like, totally talk about cute boys together too," he said sarcastically.

Such a repulsive man. I just flashed him my best smile and sat down in my seat, which was in the back of the class. Lauren followed me, dragging her bag behind from behind. She dropped it on the ground and slid into the seat next to me. She smelled like cigarettes, vanilla and did not seem to be interested in anything except for me. For once in my life, attention was making me uncomfortable. After 10 minutes of feeling eyes burning a hole in the side of my face, I turned around, catching her staring at me like it was not rude at all to do so. She still had that irritating smirk on her face while she obnoxiously chewed her gum.

"Can I help you?" I snapped. I am not in any way going to back down and be soft. She has got to know who runs this school.
"Got a problem?" She said with a playful tone in her voice. It was husky and sweet at the same time, causing a shiver to involuntarily run down my spine.
"Do you have to stare at me?" I replied. She looked me up and down again. After a few moments, she said, "Well I like to observe my targets before I decide to pounce. I get want I want, and what I want.." She spoke softer with every word until she was whispering in my ear for the last two words, "...Is you."
"You are repulsive," I shot back with confidence.
"But you want me," She whispered again in my ear.
"I would not touch you with a ten-foot pole, you stoner," I snapped, getting tired of my personal space being invaded.
"Like I said.." She spoke again, "I get what I want." She brought her finger up to my cheekbone and traced my skin. As she made eye contact with me, the back of my neck started to get tense. I was so hypnotized that I did not hear the bell ringing. I soon realized that she was by the door and I was still in my seat.
"See you around, Camila Cabello," she said smirking. God, I hate her already.