Chapter 7

It's been a month since I caught her in the rain. 30 days. 720 hours. 43200 minutes, all spent thinking about her. I've never been happier in my life. I'm smiling all the time, I can't eat or sleep, I daydream for hours about this girl who's wormed her way into my life in such a small amount of time.

It hasn't always been easy though. She's obviously been perfect, bringing me places, buying me flowers and calling me and all that stuff but hiding something this big and important to me is getting suffocating. It's almost unbearable trying to refrain from grabbing her hand and pulling her into me on the corridors, I have to walk straight by her completely expressionless. I believe she's still in the mindset it's a game; the secretivity. She's a lot more daring with her actions than I could ever be; following me into bathrooms and leaving me notes and other things in my locker, she once even went as far as to fill a janitors closet with rose petals and candles for me. We skipped the rest of that day and stayed there, just enjoying each other. She made me laugh so much that day, and I think that was the moment I knew I was really falling hard for her. It's scary, how deep my feelings run for her and Im going to lie and say I haven't got scared and tried to push her away like I've done in the past. I try to convince myself I hate her but she knows just what to do to get me to melt and fall back into her arms.

I spend most of my free time in her shed with her. It's a really beautiful place, with books of every kind filling the bookcases that line the walls. She's started to teach me guitar and she even taught me to cook a few things. Well pasta and pancakes, but she was still proud.

She lives there alone while Claire and her boyfriend Shane live in the house with the blue stutters. She told me that once she lived there with her mom, step-dad and Claire, they were unbelievably happy until when she was 14 her mom passed away after they discovered a brain tumour. Her step father ended up killing himself a year later when he couldn't cope with the loss.

Claire was 19 at the time and got full custody of Lauren. For a while they really struggled. They had no stable form of income and their house ended up being repossessed. Even though Lauren doesn't like to talk about it much, I could sense it was a really dark time for her. It's when she started to smoke, and she in fact had messed around with drugs.

But one day she realised she was going to end up just like her real father, who was a huge pot head and ran out of town the minute he found out Lauren's mom got pregnant. She cleaned herself up and found out she was extremely intelligent. She has a determined disposition spurring her on to take on two jobs, get her grades up and repair her relationship with Claire. They got the house back but had to rent it until the landlord finally sold it back to them. Claire and Shane moved in and Lauren moved into the shed to give them space. She built up the whole thing herself, adding a second floor and fitting a bedroom, electricity, gas and heating. I could tell she was really proud of this place but she likes to keep it secret, because she's in fact a very secret person by nature. She'll keep to herself and I love there's so much to discover about her.

I love the fact she's let me into her life, let me get to know that she falls asleep in 4 minutes flat and how she 3 different laughs; a giggley one, a loud one, a silent one and a soft chuckle. She loves sweet things over sour, and she's in fact a huge softy, she'd pick a night of cuddling watching movies over going out. All these details I've come to know are completely and undeniably endearing. I adored every inch of her. I can't get enough.

But our bubble was burst last week when Jake noticed a erm-love bite she gave me over the weekend. We haven't gone very far in that department but when things get heated they get heated I mean I almost explode with all the sexual tension, she's just so damn sexy. Her eyes, the way she moans my name, her lips..

Anyway Jake completely freaked out. I've never seen him so mad. We were completely alone in the corridor and while I was getting a book out of my locker my hair fell behind my back exposing my neck and the red mark.