Wish you were here

I wake up to my alarm clock blaring. It's 8:30 AM. I turn over and my heart sinks when I realized that V's left to Italy on work.  I vaguely remember feeling her gently  turning me over and plant a soft kiss on my lips in the early hours of the morning. I remember hearing shuffling around in our flat and subconsciously knowing that she's packing and getting ready to leave.

Although I know that she'll be back in a few days, I feel so bored and alone without her and the excitement in her aura. We both agreed that goodbyes are easier when one of us is half asleep.

I reach for my phone. Three new messages from V! 

Hi baby

I miss you already

Be back soon

I reply with "I miss you more, hate waking up w/o u!!" trying desperately  to not fully convey just how much I mean it. Just cause V teases me with that kind of attention, but also cause her coping mechanism to deal with the distance between us is to find reasons to be mad at me, so I know my words are lost on her. At least till she decides to drop the act and admit it. 

And so I get on with my day.

I work as a personal shopper here in Paris, which is how I met Villanelle in the first place. She with her liquid like seduction and me trying desperately to match the cool and enigmatic exterior she so effortlessly embodies. She called the store a few days later claiming to have left her gloves and asked if I could meet her at the local bar in the evening to return them. A few drinks later and the rest was history. 

Well almost.

The night I met V for drinks, I was very aware of how much the two of us were flirting. We hit it off immediately, talking about fashion and travel. Although I was fairly tipsy, I was conscious of the fact that this was most definitely going somewhere. At the time I assumed this would be a one night stand, never guessing that we would end up in a committed relationship a few months later. 

I never understood what a woman like Villanelle saw in a woman like me. Weeks after that first date (so to speak) she told me everything in a moment of vulnerability. About her job as an assassin, about how she thinks she's a monster. Her abandonment issues stemming from childhood neglect and trauma. 

Of course none of that mattered to me. Cause I had seen her for everything she was despite all that. Her protective side, her insanely mindblowing capacity to care and I knew all I wanted was to know more. To show her just how much she not only can be loved but deserves it too. And of course, the sex. I had fallen in love. Fallen hard. 

And she had too. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this chapter was a bit boring guys, felt like I owed the readers some context and insight into the relationship. 

But now that the boring stuffs out of the way, I promise its only gonna get better from here on out! Stay tuned! <3