Hot date for life

We get to the (semi fancy) restaurant I had planned to take V to. She slides her fingers through mine as we walk in and get escorted to our table. We discovered a while back that both of our love languages are predominantly physical touch, which explains why we always crave each other's physical presence. When we're together in the same space, we always absentmindedly touch each other in the most innocent of ways. So tonight at our relatively small table, I watch as V plays with my fingers and the rings I'm wearing and I even feel our legs leaning against each other under the table.

We talk the whole time - about work, life and us. I watch her as she talks, trying to focus on her words but being absolutely distracted by how stunning she looks tonight. We finish an entire bottle of red wine as well as our dinner, while soft jazz music plays in the background. She ordered a caesar salad and then a steak, while I had fettuccine Alfredo. We leave shortly as we finish dinner after the two of us bickered for a while over who gets to pay the bill. We finally come to a common consensus - I pay for dinner, V pays for drinks later on tonight.

As I stand up I notice that I am already a little tipsy after the wine. V looks back at me and smiles mischievously before sliding her arm around my waist and before gasping dramatically and whispering "will this be an excuse for me to be extra close to you tonight?" to which I respond with "do you need an excuse to be extra close to me?" She smiles and uses my response as a cue to lower her hand from my waist to my butt as we exit the restaurant. I swat it away while I turn around and notice the wide eyed expression on the doorman's face as he pretends he didn't see that.

A few minutes later we get to the bar we were supposed to meet Emily and her boyfriend at. V's got her arm wrapped around me the whole time, protectively - knowing that I'm a little tipsy.
"Are you sure you're okay to go?" she asked me gently, earlier in the cab even though I'm not even drunk, just in a really-happy-to-be-spending-this-much-time-with-my-girlfriend mood. "Haha, nice try babe! But we have to meet Em tonight, trust me you'll love her!" I say, sliding my fingers in hers as she groans and says "worth a shot."

In the bar, I introduce V and Em to each other. "Em, this is my hot date for life, Villanelle. V, this is Emily, she makes my work so much better" I say. Emily's the first to speak, saying "Hi V! I've heard so much about you, your girlfriend gushes over you all the time!" she says, laughing playfully as I blush feeling embarrassed. "I've heard so much about you too Emily! It's so nice to finally meet you" V replies graciously. I breathe a sigh of relief at the sense of ease in that exchange. Em leads us to our table to meet her boyfriend and I turn to V over the music and mouth "thank you" and smile as she slides her fingers into mine.

———————————————————————

Hope you guys like this chapter hehe! Sorry if there wasn't enough fluff in this, but rest assured - the story gets so much cuter in the next few chapters! <3

Please vote if you like this story and this chapter, it would mean so much! But other than for that sending you all so much love and here's hoping that you guys aren't sick of this story yet!! <33

Smell ya later! x