Bruises & rom-coms

I take a quick shower wanting to smell just as wonderful as Villanelle. I then scrunch up my curls, put on a tank top and sweats and walk out of the bedroom into the living room to see Villanelle putting my flowers into a vase. She looks up at me and smiles as I wrap my arms around her and give her a quick kiss. "Thank you for the flowers, babe" I say. To which she responds with "anytime" in a whisper.

"Before we get on with our date, please let me take a quick look at the bruise on your arm and hold some ice on it," I say.  She looks at me ready to protest but gives in, as I sit on a bar stool at our kitchen table. She walks over to me in a sulk and I gently turned her around to better see the bruise. I tap on it gently and she winces in pain, making my heart skip a beat. I get off the stool and walk to the refrigerator where I take a few cubes of ice and put it into an ice pack. I then walk back and notice a fearful look on V's face.
"It's okay V, it'll sting for a bit but I'll do it as gently as I possibly can. It'll help the bruising" I say. "Okay" she says in a defeated sounding voice.
I hold the ice pack to her arm as slowly as I can, my heart breaking as I watch her wince in pain. I hold it for a good minute and take it off, telling her that we might need to do this before we go to sleep as well cause it seems to be pretty bad. "It hurts" she says. "I know, baby" I reply, bending over and giving her a quick kiss on the bruise. She smiles and turns around to face me, putting her arms around my neck, as I wrap my arms around her waist. "Thank you" she whispers. And I give her a kiss.

"What kind of movie should we watch?" She asks resting her forehead against mine and looking deep into my eyes. "Anything you want, I say", her eyes glimmer as she says "rom-com!" And rushes over to her laptop to search up a good movie.

————————————————————————
I'm sorry for the kinda short chapter, I'll upload the next chapter ASAP!
Thank you so much for the love! It never fails to make my day and I really really hope you guys like it <3 always here if y'all need to talk! X