Chapter 1

Loud thunder flooded the room, the skies tears streaming down the stained-glass windows. I laid unmoved in my bed, the small clock on my bedside table ticked two am, I knew now I wouldn't get any sleep at all. The house felt empty, I wondered if my parents had made their way back, they seemed to be more consumed than usual. I had barely seen them all summer, I'd just been abandoned with the Elf and he wasn't much company. I tossed and turned in my bed, trying to free my mind of my anxious thoughts. I didn't want to return to Hogwarts, but nor did I want to stay here alone. The last person I wanted to see was Harry and his dim-witted friends, what had they been doing all summer, writing personal letters to Dumbledore screaming out their undying love. Ha! Gryffindor's always centre of attention. Was I even looking forward to seeing Crabbe and Goyle? I hadn't seen them all summer either which was odd, before we spent most of our time together, since our parents were always busy it enabled us to get up to mischief. I looked at my packed bags and a growl escaped my lips. I wondered if they would even be back for when I leave, or maybe I was to get the train with house elf. I was just winding myself up more and more about the inevitable events.

The door creaked and I shot under my covers pretending to be asleep. How strange I hadn't even heard them come in.

"Leave him be, the boys asleep." My Dad barked. My eyes clenched shut I felt my mother hover over me.

"I'll be up in a minute." She called to my father. He instantly shut the door and stomped upstairs, another argument I was guessing. They hadn't been getting along recently, but my mother never bit to his harshness, just took it on the chin. "My sweet boy." She cooed, stroking the hair away from my face, I could only imagine the solemn look on her face, worry sketched into her brows. If anything, I wished I could stay with my mother instead of going back to that dreaded school. A dream it would be for me, mum and dad to get far away. America or something, just a break, time to spend together. My mum bowed her head to lay a gentle kiss on my forehead before slipping out the door, and I already missed her presence. I didn't open my eyes after that, I would force myself to sleep, dream of that place with just the three of us.