Chapter 2

The screeching wheels gripping to the tracks dragged me from my daydream. It was time to aboard, go back to the sad excuse of a school, I huffed in annoyance. It was just my father who joined me today. I turned to face him, say goodbye but I was met by a cold look. He didn't want to be here that was obvious.

"I want you to excel this year Draco." He ordered, the ice in his voice striking. "Do you understand?" I simply nodded my head. "I don't want you upsetting your mother so keep out of trouble." I nodded again. "Go on then." He gestured to the trains open doors.
No goodbye hug, not even a smile. I mean what did I expect. My first year at Hogwarts was entirely different, my mother waving me off, I felt included with all the other kids. But that's it isn't it, kids. My father doesn't want me to be a kid, it's time I grew up, followed him. That's what I will do, I'll prove it to him. I'm not like the rest of these idiots, I don't need a hug goodbye, that's for children, I'm my own man, a strong man.

"Draco!" Goyle called, waving his hand over to where they all sat. A smirk joined my face, I felt better. Throwing my bag above, I slipped into the cabin joining my friends. "Where have you been hiding all summer?" He laughed and everyone looked up at me, was that guilt?
"Busy." I lied. They obviously all felt guilty because they'd had the best summer together and I'd not been invited. Fools.
"Too bad- hey look what I learned." He continued and then turned his pet into a snake. Everyone jumped back in shock, I laughed out abruptly, watching it lace between the group's legs.
"Get it away!" One of them screeched. Be a part of Slytherin and scared of snakes? Ridiculous. The reptile disappeared with a puff of green smoke.
"In other news, have you heard what happened." Suddenly the air grew thick with tension, I tilted my head up, intrigued. "Sirius Black escaped Azkaban." Sirius black the one who allegedly was involved in Potters family's death. Probably after Potter, good riddance.
"Only one to have ever done it." Crabbe chimed in.
"It gets better." Goyle interrupted. "He's still hasn't been found, and I bet I know where he's heading. Hogwarts to find Harry and finish the job." If I we're Harry I'd be worried, intact if I were Harry, I would seek revenge. The idea of my mother being stripped away from me... murdered. The thought sent chills down my spine.

If he wasn't going to do anything, he was a coward, even if he died trying. Being wrapped up in my own thoughts I allowed the conversation to fly over me. Was this where my parents were last night? Sirius was my mother's cousin perhaps she knew of his whereabouts. The idea seemed very unlikely, my mother had never even uttered his name never mind speak of him freely, my father didn't have fond words to say about him either. I tried to keep into conversation, everyone spoke about their summers, the spells they'd learned, the girls they'd met, and I laughed just at the mere thought of it. These idiots wouldn't even be able to grab the attention of the same sex never mind a girl, couldn't have been a sight to look at.

Then suddenly the lights went out, the train echoed a horror scream as it came to an aggressive holt. The air around us became as cold as ice, I could see the cold breathe that the moons reflection casted. Everything felt cold and physically, I felt pain, sadness, fear and I had no reason why. I saw the same look mirrored in everyone else's eyes, my thoughts instantly connecting this to Sirius Black. Was the scream Harry's? Not possible. The anxiousness grew the longer the darkness spent, no more Harry Potter. I couldn't imagine it. Not possible.

"Do you think-"Goyle squeaked but was silenced. I dared to look at his eyeline, a dementor. I cowered back in my seat, unable to break eye contact. Fear. Death. Sadness and the thought of my mum in Harry Potters mother's position. I wanted to scream. No, scratch out the image in my head but I was stuck there unmoving, the nightmare replaying constant. Then they disappeared, floated into the black mist. I gasped for clear air, eyes squeezing shut riding the horror. I quickly collected myself, unfazed, unbothered. My face returned to the cool, unmoved stone it was, I reminded myself of my father that way and I liked it. "What the hell." Goyle breathed.
"Probably looking for Black." I shrugged unbothered, like the thought of Black or the dementor didn't scare me to death. Poker face was becoming my new skill.

The train moved on once again, rumours hurling their way to the back of the train. Harry Potter fainted at just the site of the dementor. Ha! Yeah, I was scared but I wasn't a massive wuss like Potter, he doesn't have a chance against Black, he best prey the dementors find him before Black finds his way to Hogwarts. I weighed up the different options on how I would tease him of his embarrassing, girl-like act, Crabbe and Goyle joined in to, we wouldn't let him forget this! I had missed my friends, I missed the company, even if most our time was slating mudblood's, our opinion on them would never change. Maybe that's why I disliked Hogwarts so much, they let anyone in here, it doesn't matter to them who's family pride them self in becoming the best Wizards, keeping the bloodline pure, it was something my family took seriously, and I would follow behind. I couldn't even imagine falling for someone who didn't have a pure family line, the thought alone was revolting enough. Imagine what my father would think, he wouldn't, he'd dismiss it before it came topic of conversation. That made it entirely difficult in finding a girl, I wasn't bothered anyways, but Hogwarts had no pure bloods at interest for me. I had other things to focus on this year either way, impressing my father and along with that making Harry wish he'd never returned to school.

The journey was short once everyone got over the Dementors invasion and I was more than eager to get to the Great Hall. Not to listen to Dumbledore whine on like he did every year, no I had other plans. Making sure I sat directly behind him I chuckled, and the teasing began.

"Potter!" I spat. "Potter!" Again, but a bit louder. He turned around abruptly, annoyance sunk deep in his eyes. How I loved getting under his skin, it was so easy. Just the look at me and he would be annoyed, well the feeling was mutual, but his side was jealousy, that was obvious. "Is it true you fainted?" I asked, trying for my voice to sound sincere. "You actually fainted!" I burst into laughter, my entire table joining in. Their laughter filled me with that buzz, something I'd been craving and the look on his face was the cherry on top. I guess this year wouldn't be too bad.