Chapter 13

Potions and this year I was joined by Crabbe and Goyle, back to the three of us, just how it should be. The morning had gone swimmingly, great breakfast, great company and oh yeah a great dig at Ron and his uneducated family. The winger was still moaning about the Tri Wizard tournament, his freaks of brothers already forming ideas on how they'd attempt to cheat the system. I guess I had to give it to them for their confidence. His screwed up red face, matching his fire hair was just fuel in the tank and it was only 8:43am. I was in high spirits for the day.
Petty Pansy made her jokes on how I'd lose and that too boosted my ego, little did she knew how much I had already planned. Everything was going great until Snapes lonesome demeanour, now affected everyone else. As soon as I entered I noticed the separated tables, sat for just the two, not enough space for three. My eyes eagerly scanned the room looking for other options, knowing Crabbe and Goyle weren't to be separated. There was Neville, a complete no go. I guess he'd do all the work but silence for an entire year wasn't going to do. There was Granger. I guess I could use this time to convince her to speak to Crumb, give her some tips. But god no, to have to sit next to miss know it all year, I'd probably end up strangling her. There was Pansy, yeah she's probably end up driving me crazy but what other options did I have. I grabbed her by the back of her cloak, pulling her back.
"You're coming with me." I ordered, she returned it with a fearful scowl.
"Actually." Snape sighed. "I've allocated you a seat Mr Malfoy." I dropped her cloak and she whipped around making her escape, a smug smile on her face. I looked at Snape questionably. "From my knowledge you and Miss Walker proved to work very well together last year." He had to be joking. My eyes darted to her table, the empty space next to it. She instantly looked at the floor, her cheeks burning red. Great.

I stormed over to the empty spot, slamming my books on the table making her jump back in her seat. I purposely let out a grunt in annoyance, my mood going from a hundred to minus a hundred. What kind of game was Snape playing? I had purposely got us split up last year and he thought it would be a great idea to put us together again. But she didn't look up at me once, her stool leaning the furthest away from me. On her behalf she had no need to feel uncomfortable, we'd had actually left the year cheerful... kind of. Or maybe she felt guilt about the whole Cedric thing, I wanted to tell her I don't care, that she can have her pretty boy, I never wanted her in the first place. In fact, if it was guilt she felt maybe I would make her feel it worse.

"What's that?" I slid the hair that covered her neck back, revealing her olive skin, careful not to touch it. She instantly flinches back. "A love bite?" I lied and she looked at me pure anger and defiance in her face. The pulled the hair back round to her empty neck. "I mean it's not as weird on your behalf. But for him, three years, he's dating a child."
"We aren't dating!" She defended.
"I never said a name, how did you know who I was on about?" I cocked a brow my grin only growing. "Ah I know, because something is going on."
"N-no!" She fumbled over her words.
"Maybe someone should report it, kind of predatory if you ask me." I carried on.
"Nobody asked you!" Her squeal grabbed the entire classes attention. Earning yet again the ruby red in her cheeks, her face instantly falling, the dark curls shielding her from her embarrassment. Where as I sat there with pure pride glowing on my face. I had got out of the minus, on a good average zero which would make do for 9:05am.

If Snape wasn't staring so intensely I would have teased her further, I loved the effect it had on her. Burning red cheeks, twisted frown and her brows all bunched up together. Her face sat like this for the rest of the class, her emerald eyes never edging towards me, her figure leaning away. The burn was itching away at me to say something more and I finally had my chance when class was dismissed. She grabbed her belongings hastily, quick to make an escape but not quick enough. My hand latched onto her arm, freezing her instantly.
"Send my love to Cedric won't you." I winked. She snatched her arm off me and fleeted immediately, hatred soaring through her eyes. Perfect.
"You know you're making it worse for yourself." Pansy chimed in, following me to our next class. Dark Arts with Professor Moody.
"What are you on about?" I spat.
"Going to be a lot harder to get her to go to the dance with you when she hates you." Her voice was thick with victory. She enjoyed playing these games.
"I'll just have to win the bet then won't I?" She was right I gave my self no choice but to win. If I lost I'd be attending the Ball by myself which wouldn't be good for my ego.