Chapter 3

The first day of lessons, my body ached at the thought. Potions with Snape, I was good at the class, I was usually in Snape's good books all thanks to my father but this year no one was to join me, they moved their times around so that they could join the girls they met with this summer and they didn't bother to tell me till this morning. Typical. There wasn't a brain cell between either of them. Already in a mood I slammed my books on my usual table, not bothering to look at who I'd been paired with. That was until I heard their startled gasp. Long dark hair, twisted in curls, leading to the olive skin, on her neck a silver chain tucked into her shirt, cherry coloured lips parted, green daring eyes, the colour of the dark moss that clung itself to the surrounding trees. I looked up and down at her again, taking in some of the features I'd missed, like the freckle under her eye and the twinge of grey that hid them self in the deep moss eyes. Peculiar looking but...inviting.

"You don't mind if I sit here." She stammered, "It's only Professor Snape told me too and I don't want get on his bad side today, he already seems grouchy." The words flew of her tongue, I barely caught them. I looked over at Snape, his head buried under the thick black cloud he'd like to call hair. She was right he didn't look like he was in a good mood but, whenever is he?

I shrugged my shoulders as a reply to her. Morning weren't my thing, never mind being ditched by my so-called friends, a conversation wasn't on my mind. Her shoulders relaxed and she sat more comfortably in her seat, unintentionally leaning away from me, I guess I was rude. I tried to pick at her name, but I couldn't picture it, I don't think I've ever seen her face and that was odd. I took another glance confusion cemented on my face but still nothing. Was she new?

"I'm Blair." She cooed, her voice slower now, the sound like velvet, maybe even a slight accent. "You're Draco." She filled my silence; I just nodded my head.
"You're new." I shot after a moment of silence, my thoughts speaking for me. She nodded her head, I was hoping for a bit of a back story, I kept eye contact trying to entice her to carry on.
"Yeah- I was home schooled before." She finally said.
"Home school." I laughed mockingly. I could just picture how her parents were. Organic was the first word that came to mind, I chuckled to myself uncontrollably.
"Is that funny to you?" She questioned, a slight bit of anger present in her voice.
"You'll struggle." I comprehend. She just smirked back at me, smug.
"You think so." She shook her head now mocking me.
"Am I interrupting something." Snapes voice boomed. His wand slamming my book off its pile and flickering through the pages, drag my attention away from the girl completely.

Here I thought I was in Snapes good books. Thanks to the new girl the entire class' beady eyes were gawking at me, I gave them all a fierce glare before looking down at the page Snape had given. Positions was something I usually enjoyed but without the following laughter of my usual friends and Harry and Weaslby sat just across from me I didn't feel like joining in. Not to mention the newbie. Mocking me? She'll regret it, I had the whole year sat next to her it would be an easy win. But then I thought, if she's knew she'd have only just been housed, how had I not noticed her tie before. Secretly I took a quick glimpse, a mix of disappointment and annoyance hit me all at once. Of course, a Gryffindor, no wonder why I didn't like her, and this gave me even more reason to. She will probably make friends with tweedled dumb and tweedled Dee sat over there. I caught Ron looking at her, acting like it was fresh meat, I rolled my eyes. We didn't speak after that, she focused on every single word Snape said it didn't surprise me now I knew she was a Gryffindor, a know it all like the rest of them. As soon as the class was dismissed, I erupted from my seat, darting straight towards the exit in wait of Potter. He saw me coming alright.
"Have any nightmares last night Potter?" I laughed.
"Shut up Malfoy!" Ron shot, cheeks blaring red, always the first to tug at the bait. "Rumour has it you were running away nearly wetting yourself."
"Lie!" I defended. Even if I had I would have said it was a lie. But that night was a horrid memory I wouldn't forget and sticking in my seat is certainly one thing I did.