Chapter 6

Christmas was soon approaching, and I would have to make up my mind on what plans I wanted to take up. Christmas with my family wasn't your usual fun holiday, it was like any other day just add on the gifts. Usually my father would be out, and it would just be me and mum, which I didn't mind. I could stay here at Hogwarts, but all my friends were going home, most people were this year, the fear that the famous Sirius Black might invade the halls in search for Harry. Home was definitely the better option, I had little to do here anyway, all my work already completed. My attention in class was lacking but I was able to follow and keep up with it just fine, what I craved for most was the weekend to come so that I could go back to Hogsmeade, I had forgotten to ask her in our last class what she planned on doing over Christmas, she hadn't brought the event up so I didn't think about it till now.

On our way to Hogsmeade I couldn't stay clear of Crabbe and Goyle, they wanted my assistance in terrorising Granger and Weasley which I would take every pleasure in doing. On the other hand, I had mentally already made plans with Blair, but the temptation to screw Ron over one last time before we broke up for Christmas was more than tempting. The snow was finally settling, and I could just imagine flinging one at that big, fat, ginger head, maybe it might finally wake up the brain cells he claims to have.

When we got to our location, I saw a certain Longbottom getting a little too close to comfort to Blair. Although I would have joy separating the two and take her all for myself, I saw how she smiled and laughed at him, it would be cruel to do so. Which is the normal for me, but maybe I was just searching for an excuse to free me in terrorising Ron. I looked at both Crabbe and Goyle, the same mischievous look in their eyes. Game on. We followed them around all day, throwing snowballs, hurling insults, it wasn't long till they lost it and then all of a sudden, a giant ball mangled with dirt and snow smashed me straight at the side of my head. I instantly looked for its perpetrator but was shocked to see no one there.
"Who did that!" I barked and everyone looked clueless, a smile on both Ron and Hermione's face. What did they know that I didn't? Again, and again the dirt balls were lurched towards us from numerous directions we had no other option but to fleet. I turned around and took a final glance. Raven hair, ridicules rounded glasses, a smug smile. Potter. He shouldn't be here, who's was the invisibility cloak he'd clearly stolen! Snape would here about this, this is the last time Potter gets of trying to make a fool out of me. At that moment I wish Sirius Black was here, maybe he'd finish the job for me!
"Draco." A voice gasped, a voice I didn't click onto straight away, clouded by rage. I pushed past its caller, one mission in mind, rat that slivery, slimy snake straight to Snape.

Unfortunately, Potter beat me to it! He was already back before I even had the chance to snitch. It was greatly infuriating, how did he get back so quick, there's definitely a way that he's sneaking about and I will find out. Again, it's Harry I blame for completely sabotaging my day. If it wasn't for him, I could have spent the rest of my afternoon stealing Blair from Neville, but he had to get in the way like usual. I was disappointed that I hadn't gotten to spend my weekend with Blair, it had been something I was holding onto most of the week. Especially now that Crabbe and Goyle spent not only all their time talking about the girls they fancied but they also spent all their time with them too. Fools. I wasn't going to let it be the last time I saw Blair before the Christmas period was over, so I devised a plan.

Our common rooms were close to one another, so I waited out there a slit of paper in my hands with a clear set of instructions, waiting was the only part I failed poorly at, I had no patience. After waiting what seemed like forever she finally returned, a frown very clear indented on her face. Was she confused or angry? I passed her the folded paper into her delicate hands, still covered by gloves. She opened it up, reading it her eyes lifting, her mood automatically changing, back to the Emerald.
"But we aren't allowed out or rooms at that time." She said dumbfounded.
"I won't tell if you don't." I winked, automatically making her blush, I liked how I had that effect on her, more than liked it was my new fuel and I was thirsty for more. I slipped away into my room, ready to prep myself for tonight's antiques. I questioned how she saw this, I hoped she didn't think it was a date, we were still just acquaintances, I just had to see her one last time. I wrapped up in a scarf and hat, gloves were needed to. I wished I had the invisibility cloak I knew Harry had but I would have to sneak out with all the hard work included. It wouldn't be too difficult; I'd done it plenty of times before. I waited outside her common room at the time I gave her, and she didn't disappoint, dead on the clock. I grabbed her hand and led her out and to the courtyard, quiet and stealth enough that no one would notice. I could see the thrill in her face, she's never broken the rules before, but damn didn't she look good doing so. As soon as we were in a clear a laugh, she'd been holding on escaped her cherry lips.
"So," she gleamed. "Why have you gotten me out of bed at this time, we best be doing something interesting." I could tell I looked smug, I had the perfect plan. I walked up towards one of the lakes that had been frozen up, out of sight. Someone had to teach Bambi how to skate. "I hope you're joking." She gasped.
"Look I even stole a pair of ice skates, size four I presumed that was your size." I chucked her the skates, she stumbled back slightly by the added weight.
"What are you trying to do? Kill me off?" She spluttered, she looked cute nervous.
"Maybe." I smirked. "Listen, I won't let you fall."
"I don't know if I trust you." Ouch.
"You don't really have a choice." I stated putting my own pair of skates on. I enjoyed skating, at home I did it a lot when our pound froze over, I knew what I was doing. It wasn't even that hard. Her arms crossed over her chest and she gave me a deathly glare. "Don't be a cry babe." I teased. I'd get her to skate one way or another I'm sure there was some spell I could force her with. She flung her arms in defeat before badly attempting to put the boots on. "Clutz," I mumbled going to her aid. "You'll get your feet wet if you aren't careful." I warned.
"If I fall my entire clothing will be soaked." She warmed me her eyes trying to be scary, but they were still the perfect shade of emerald. "And when we get caught, I'm saying you kidnapped me." I couldn't help but laugh at the fabricated story she'd already started to develop.
"We have a deal." I shook her hand, smile wide on my face. Taking her hand, I led her over to the frozen lake. Her hand began to tremble, from the cold or the fear I didn't know. I went first, moving backwards so that my body was facing hers. The fear was present in her eyes I held on to both her arms, her fingers wrapped around mine, digging into my skin.
"Ow!" I whined.
"I'm sorry." She whimpered. Again, a pang of guilt, I shouldn't have shouted. I tried to make my face soft, inviting, but she stared at the floor underneath her, her toes edging towards the ice.