Chapter 31

Even hell can get comfy once you've settled in. My eyes had adjusted to the dark and so had my heart. There was no way out of this, so I'd just have to accept my fate. Our home now accommodating to the Dark Lord's need. Infested with death eaters. I asked for a distraction this was certainly it. My every move being watched and examined.

"Draco," my mother called. "He's ready for you." She finished. I gulped down the fear that arose. He'd been here for so long but not once had I ever seen his face. Now I was going to be trapped in a room with him. Fear wasn't a powerful enough word to explain how I felt. I struggled moving to my doom.
"Smile Draco!" Bellatrix cheered. I shot her a deathly glare. She might be obsessed with Voldemort and everything he did but I wasn't going to follow her path no matter how dark it got. The devils going to make me a free man, I lied to my self.

Entering the dinning room, which became darker than it had ever been. Cold. The chills ran up my spine. My eyes latching onto the grim reaper himself.
"Draco Malfoy," his eyes lit up at my entrance. The crooked smile taking over his entire face. He was monsterous to look at, un natural, sickening. My eyes diverted away from his repulsive image. "Take a seat." He instructed and I didn't hesitate, taking the chair opposite him, the dinning table giving me enough space away.
"Your father has let you down," he wasn't wrong there. "Your father has let me down." His voice thickened. "You're going to have to fix that for me." He explained. "I'm giving you a task, will you accept it?" He asked but I had no choice. It was a life or death answer. I quickly nodded my head, letting him knew I'd do what he needed. "Dumbledore must die." He said and I pushed down the growing fear. "You will be the one to kill him, I don't care how or how soon you do it but you don't have time to waste." He continued. "Your mother is depending on you." I looked up to see his threatening eyes. Nothing would stop him, he'd kill me and her both if I didn't do what he wished. "We're un able to get into Hogwarts. There is a vanishing cabinet in the school and the other at Borgin and Burke, we will use that to gain access." He explained, I tried taking notes in my head, the information all important, I needed to remember. "The one at the school needs fixing, you must do that." I nodded my head, taking it all in, the heavy pressure swallowing me. "Are you able to do that?" He asked.
"Yes My Lord." I finally spoke, my words sounding weak and pathetic but his smile only grew further, knowing he had me under his thumb.
"Come closer." He ordered and I followed like a dog to its owner. The only thing in my life I had control of was myself and now I was going to give that away. Give it to the darkest minds there was. Save me. "Pass me your arm." Doing as he ordered, I placed my arm into his hands, pulling up my sleeve to expose it. His touch was rough, scalely resembling a snake.

He pressed his wand deep into my skin, an enormous amount of pain scratching through, I winced at the feeling, the dark mark etching itself into my skin. Branding me forever. A life of service to the dark side.

The pain didn't subside, my arm was burning and there was nothing I could do about it. I pushed down my sleeve disgusted by its image, the fabric adding to the burn. I thought I was going to be sick, my brain couldn't fathom everything that had just happened in a short amount of time. I'd known for weeks that I'd become a death eater but I didn't think I'd be given the issue of killing Dumbledore. How would I manage that? He was a the greatest wizard of all time and I was suppose to murder him.

"Does it hurt?" My mother stroked over my arm, concerned bedded deep. I flinched away at her touch, as it stung under her hand. "I'm sorry." She apologised. All my mother wanted was for me to be protected. But thanks to my father it was out of her control. He'd gotten us into this mess in the first place, I could never forgot that. My hatred for my father was the most anger I'd ever felt. I hoped I'd never have to see him again.
"It's beautiful!" Bellatrix exclaimed pushing up my sleeve again, my arm struggling against her grasp. "You should be proud Draco, you're one of us, this is a great test." I'd never understand her undying love. She was wicked.
"Is there anything I can do?" My mother almost whispered. She was nothing like her sister.
"Why him?" I asked. "What makes you stay with Lucius? Has he not put us through enough? Why didn't you just leave? Why have you let us get involved in all of this shit?" The words came gushing out, stabbing at my mother. She had to take the blame, she had the choice but she continued to chose him, endangering our lives in the process. She was meant to be my mother, protect me at all costs but she failed again.
"I'm sorry." Is all she could say but it wasn't good enough.

Infuriated I rushed up stairs to my room. As soon as the door slammed behind me I finally let it out, the tears and the cries ive been holding onto. Kicking and smashing everything in my way, it was all worthless now.
"Fuck!" I screamed at the empty room. "Why me?" I screamed again. "Why me?" I cried.

We wasted no time, me and my mother went straight to Borgin and Burke, an introduction to my first task. As we wondered through the streets everyone's eyes on us. The news of my father spreading through like wildfire. They were disgusted and so they should be. I kept my eyes to floor, ashamed to look up. When we found the cabinet, I took in every detail, etching it inside my brain. It should look identical to this. My fingers dancing across its frame work, figuring out how it worked and how the other could possibly me broken. I'd have to let this keep me from overthinking about the murder. If I kept it out my head, it would be easier to finish. My mother explained to me how it worked and how they'd use it to get in. I told her she wouldn't come along, she'd stay at the manor and wait for us to return, thankfully she agreed.
"It's going to be hard leaving you." She admitted. "You'll write to me this year won't you, I need to know you're okay." She pleaded. I nodded my head in agreement. "I know you can do this, I have every faith in you my son."

As soon as we got back I got out my quille. I wanted to write, to write to Blair. Once all this was finished I'd decide if I ever wanted her to read through them. It gave me comfort this way, convincing myself that I might not be alone, through everything she might be able to understand. It was a way for me to vent my thoughts, not being able to confide in anyone else.

Blair,
Ive betrayed you. Again. You once said that I wasn't a bad person and I was starting to believe you, beginning to think I've changed but I've let you down. I'm one of them, a death eater. I had no choice. What I have to do would make you sick to your stomach. I don't want to be a monster. I don't believe I can do what's been asked but my life depends on it. If I don't make it I want you to know that I lied. That I do love you and it will never stop. I know you're gone now but I'll never stop waiting for you. If I die, I wish you all the happiness in the world, I hope you find someone who does all the things I didn't. I apologise for that, I'm sorry.