𝟖. 𝐒𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐏𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬

Shinobu POV

Shinobu POV

I waltzed deep into the forest and started admiring all the flowers and trees that were spread out around me. Some leaves were falling from a nearby tree, I decided to use that tree to sit and take a quick rest.

I lowered myself and shifted all of my weight to my knees and fanned out my dress that was stuck underneath of my bottom. I took a long deep breath and relaxed myself for a moment.

"I know I'm supposed to be taking my mind off of this, but I just can't help but worry that Y/N is mad me.." I whispered to myself. I closed my eyes in hopes I could imagine other, more pleasant things.

After a little while I reopened my eyes, disrupted by a green leaf falling onto the center of my head. I reach for the leaf and start to observe it.

"Very pretty pattern..I don't see much like it.." I commented.

The leaf's pattern had a spiral with the veins of it going outward then curling at the ends.

"I shall put you in my basket!" I smiled to myself.

"Well, I should get going then..Don't want to keep Y/N waiting for too long."

I started to ascend to my feet and dust myself off. I picked up my basket and continued to make my way out of the forest, stopping every so often to gather more and more materials for my homemade medicines.

I stopped in front of a Wisteria tree.

"I needed Wisteria, didn't I?" I spoke aloud, putting a finger on my cheek.
"I think so..hmph, I'll just grab some anyways."

I walked over to the tree and reached up to pick some and put it in my basket.

"I think 8 should be enough.." I looked inside of my basket and contemplated my decision. "Yeah, I think so."

I carried on my way back to the cottage, but once again stopped upon seeing some green onions growing down below.

"I could use this for me and Y/N's dinner tonight, I don't know what I could make with it yet..but there isn't any reason for it to go to waste out here. I'll snip some and bring it back." I bend over a bit and pull out the scissors and begin snipping off a generous amount, slightly messing up and cutting it unevenly.

"Good enough!" I cheer.

Continuing my adventure out of these woods, I clumsily slip on a puddle of water I failed to acknowledge.