Chapter 4

We walked a couple blocks. We explained to Harry about the rules that goes on in the neighborhood. Just the basics though, like if you see a cop and they assume you're doing something suspicious never look them in the eye. And also never blow a drug dealers cover or else they'll be coming after your ass. He seemed pretty frightened at the facts we were telling him but he'll man up and grow some balls.

"so how many crimes happen here," he says.

"every sunday there's a funeral just know that," I respond.

"that's awful, how could you live here," Harry said with a disgusted face.

"I grew up here and you'll get used to it for a while,"

"yeah didn't you guys have a hood in the UK," Gina added.

"yeah sort of, but they weren't this violent, we call them rubbish people, well I call them that," he said.

Somehow I was kind of offended when he said that he called the hood people in the UK rubbish. I know he didn't insult me but I'm from the hood, does he consider me rubbish?

"aye that ain't cool, they're people too," Gina said.

"people who choose to be uneducated, if they were polite and disciplined, they wouldn't act like that, that's what me mum told me" Harry said putting his hands in his pocket.

"not everything is about being polite, and people don't choose how they live sometimes," I said raising my voice but in a low tone.

Yes I was offended by what he just said. How could he say those types of things about those people. It's sad that he thinks that about every hood person. Like people don't choose to live like that. They might be facing some situations. The hood isn't all about violence and shit, it's basically survival, you're surviving in making a living for yourself. Hoping that you'll be strong enough go hang on.

Gina looks at me surprised by my tone. I keep my head down and keep walking.

We take a turn near the corner of this small grocery shop, and end up at the car repair place. I know this weird to say but I always loved this place. It was basically a second home to me and also this is where Gina and I met. I used to come here every time when I was facing problems. Mr. Jackson always lets me in and kind of help out with the place and everyone here basically knows me already.

"why are we here," Harry said.

"this is the first stop," Gina said smiling.

"Gina and I first met each other here when we were about five I think," I said smiling at Gina stupidly.

Mr. Jackson noticed our presence and walked towards our way. He spread his arms wide open and I reached in to hug him. I always loved Mr. Jackson. You could say that we was kind of like a father to me. He hugged me tightly and lifted me off my feet.

"how's my baby girl," he said playfully twirling me around.

"I'm fine," I said with laughter.

"umm..im your baby girl too," Gina said while putting both hands on her hips.

"how could I forget my little Gina," he said putting me down and making his way to Gina and sweeping her off her feet.

Harry just stood there looking out of place and smiling at the moment. I grabbed his hand and said "come on and say hi"

He put his hand out to Mr. Jackson as if he was a father that needed to be pleased. Mr. Jackson shook it.

"and who might this curly boy be," he said.