Chapter 8

I played around with my dinner, I didn't feel the need to eat which was strange cause I loved food alot. All I had in my mind was Harry. Man, I hated him but I liked him at the same time. Does that even make sense? I could still feel his lips on mine, how it felt so perfect, how I wanted it to continue on forever.

"you haven't took a single bite of that food Liyah"

I shook my head and snapped myself back to reality. I looked at my mom and giving her smile and possibly looking for an excuse on why I haven't touched my food at all. "I don't feel good."

"don't feel good? it's fried chicken, you always eat fried chicken no matter"

"I know I'm not just in the mood"

That's when my mom and Sierra dropped their spoons and forks on the table and simultaneously looked toward my way. They looked at me as if I just committed a murder in front of them.

"sierra did you hear what I just heard," my mom said facing my sister to the right of her.

"yes I did momma" she said not turning her sight away from me

"Liyah, are you alright"

"I'm fine," I half lied. I was far from okay. I was confused and angry for no reason. Angry at myself for letting that boy get into my mind like this. But I wasn't gonna discuss this shit with my family.

"if you're okay then take a bite of your chicken," she said observing me carefully.

I took the greasy perfect brown fried chicken in my hand and took a bite of it. My mom sighed with relief. "I almost thought there was actually something wrong with you, don't come here doing this shit again."

Dinner didn't last that long, my mom kept questioning me constantly which basically just caused me to leave.

I pulled my hair back in a bun and took off my shirt preparing myself for bed. It was still odd to me that I haven't saw Gina in a while. She just completely blew me off at lunch today and she haven't answered any my text. I grab my phone and call her. She then picks up.

"what's the word girl," I started off.

It was complete silent for a while then I over heard her talking to someone from the other end, I couldn't hear the voice clearly but it seemed like it belonged to a male.

"umm..hey Liyah," she finally said a word.

"is everything good? what happened to you at lunch to you"

"uh I had some business to take care, you know me, I just do shit unexpectedly" she said giving a fake laugh at the end.

Something wasn't right at all. Whenever Gina does something she plans her shit out not does it unexpectedly.

"um okay, I was just checking up on you just to make sure you were all good"

Silence once again broke in between us.

"Liyah, can I call you back tomorrow or something I really gotta-"

Then she completely hanged up before even finishing her sentence. I don't know if I should be worried. Maybe she was just facing family problems again or something. I'm pretty sure she was fine, if she wasn't she wouldn't of picked up.

A heard a noise coming from my window afterwards. I walked towards it and found the person that always runs into me, Harry.

"what the fuck are you doing," I whispered down at him.

"can you come out" he said whispering a little louder back. What the fuck was this boy doing by my house around 10 at night.

"it's 10 at night, do I look crazy to you"