Chapter 7

AKUTAGAWA

I walked past a random woman in the street and stole her phone quickly. I have no choice but to do this, I need to contact Chuuya and Dazai immediately.

"Is that so?" Chuuya said after I told him what happened.

"We need to rescue him. Those who took him are very dangerous men. Please track his location right now before they could go any farther..." I replied, anxiously.

"Keep your cool, Aku. No rescue will happen." That made me stop. Huh?

"Why would we save him? We already get what we need, right? We just use him at the very beginning so, what's the matter?"

My blood boils as I feel heated and flushed. Chuuya is correct yet there's something inside me that doesn't agree with him. What's the matter with me? Why do I suddenly feel responsible for that person, Atsushi... As far as I know, I don't know the word "empathy."

My hand shakes in agitation. I forced myself to remain calm before I crushed the phone in my palm.

"Please, let us save him." I said, emphatically.

I balled my finger into fist and drove them through the wall. A look of great bitterness swept across my face. I'm running out of time. I need to save him.

"Hey, what's that noise? What's going on with you?" Chuuya asked from the other line but I couldn't manage to reply as I was breathless with anger.

"Hey, Chuuya. Give some ear to Aku. How could you be so heartless? Can't you see, he wants to save his friend." It's Dazai's voice.

"What are you saying, Dazai!? Atsushi is no damsel in distress! And, without a doubt, his legitimate subordinates are finding him now, the authorities. It is no longer our concern to save him-"

"It is." I cutted him.

"Eh?"

"His location, please..." My tone became cold as ice. I heard Chuuya's deep sigh.

"Done that. I'll text you the address later now bye bye and return the phone you damn stole." Dazai stated.

It lightens up my mood but how did he know that I just stole this phone? He's really something...

"Stop thinking about how I found out that you stole a mere phone, focus on what you need to do right now. I'm a great Dazai, after all. I know everything." He chuckled.

"Alright..."

The phone call already ended by the time an officer came, holding a gun and aiming it at me.

"Try ru-running away Akutagawa and I'll have to sh-shoot you!" I can tell by the tone of his voice that he's scared.

"Take it easy boy..." I chuckled and slowly raised both of my hands, trying to look like I already gave up but the truth is I'm not. He slowly walk towards me, still holding his gun and took out the silver handcuffs.

The officer grabs both of my arms but before he could even cuff it, I grab the gun first and next is both of his hands. Throwing the gun out of his reach, I cuffed both of his hands. See? Pretty easy.

"Do-don't shoot me!" he begs as I grab the gun that I threw earlier. Shrugging, I left him alone. I don't really care about that officer though so why bother?

I checked my phone to see if that suicidal maniac already texted me and in fact, he already did. Tapping upon the location, I know exactly where he is.

Until another message came in.

I also know that you're a lazy piece of shit so I called someone to bring you there.

Oh wow he really does know me well.

A metallic black car pulls up in front of me. The window starts to roll down revealing a rat wearing buttoned white shirt accompanied by a long black coat with white fur, and an ushanka hat. A smug smile plastered on his face.

"Is Dazai sure he called someone, not some rat?" I smirked smugly as I got in the passenger seat. His smile was replaced with a pissed off look.

"Fuck you!" Fyodor gave me a bad finger before starting the car. "You're lucky that I'm not busy today."

"How's your job as a stripper?" I ask about earning a glare from Fyodor.

Oh how much I love to tease this rat. It's been a while.

"Akutagawa, if you're just going to be a bitch I might as well throw you out of the car."

"I was kidding." I said playfully.

"Do you want to eat? I prepared food for you." He says then points at the lunch box prepared nicely from the back seat.

"Idc if you put poison on this, I would rather die with a full stomach rather than hungry." I grab the meal and began to eat it.

"What makes you think I put poison on that huh bitch."

"Tell that to Sigma who got exploding diarrhea after eating your cooked meal."

"Well I told him not to eat it but since he's pretty stubborn and even cussed at me in English, he got instant karma." Fyodor shrugs.

So far so good. It doesn't have any poison or anything. The meal that this rat prepared was lamb skewers. Tbh, it tastes really good. Did Fyodor really make this? Hmm.

"It was a shocker that a rat can cook lamb skewer."

"It was also a shocker that a turtle can eat lamb skewer."

"Does my face looks like I care?"

"Nope. Your face looks like a grumpy 2 year old but actually a grandpa." Fyodor snaps. "And not to mention a hoe that has a dying scalp."

"Fuck you!"

"Gladly." He then winks, making me cringe. Why is he my best friend again?