Chapter 9

3RD PERSON

"Who the fuck I am to be fooled huh?" Akutagawa growls. "You're fucking sick!"

"Hmm... yeah, I don't care actually," Michizou replies boredly and took out a gun under the desk then points it at Atsushi's head causing the younger to shake in fear.

"Touch him and I'll burn you alive!" The older struggles to get out of the tight ropes tied in his wrist. He doesn't give a single shit if he gets hurt. What matter the most to him is to make sure Atsushi is safe.

"Do you know why I want you to work for me? You're skilled. You know what you have to do when you're assigned a task and not to mention, a very determined person." Michizou stated. "You wanted Atsushi to be safe right? Since that's your task..."

It took a matter of seconds for Akutagawa to answer back, "Fine, I'll work for you."

"Well done." Michizou beams triumphantly as he takes the gun away from Atsushi's head and his other captives, who seemed to be siblings.

The younger one was about to run towards Akutagawa, sadly, one of the guards held him back. Atsushi gives the older a 'what the actual heck do you think you're doing' but the older just gave him a blank look like he was thinking something. He does trust Akutagawa and all but in this situation... maybe 50/50.

"Now sign this contract-"

"How am I supposed to sign that contract if my hands are tied up?" Akutagawa cuts him off.

"Oh yes I forgot, silly me..." Michizou chuckled and went over to the younger to untie the ropes. While the male was busy untying the ropes, Aku looks at Atsushi and starts to countdown which made the younger confuse,

Ichi,

Ni,

San,

By the time he was finished, the ropes we're already untied and Akutagawa swiftly grabbed Michizou and then yelled, "Run!" at the younger.

Atsushi didn't hesitate and ran away. He kept running and running until he reached the exit. The younger catches his breath as soon as he got out of the casino until he realizes,

He left Akutagawa.

"Shit!" He curses loudly grabbing the citizens attention. Atsushi gave them a 'what the fuck are you hoes looking at' so in fear, they turn away.

When he was about to get back inside the building to get Akutagawa, a familiar voice called him.

"Hey Atsushi!"

Ranpo...?

Ranpo grabs Atsushi by the arm and brings him to the nearby train station. The vehicle starts to move away from the building making him shriek. "Akutagawa is still in the building, Ranpo!"

"Yeah I know-"

"Why are you calm about this?!"

"Let me explain-"

"No! We need to go back! He's badly injured and-"

Atsushi was cutted off by a certain person appearing in front of him while holding a cup of Caramel Macchiato.

"Miss me baby?"

"How the fuck-"

"I'm a pro so that's why..." Akutagawa says, shrugging. "And it's a shocker you actually care for me."

"Just because I'm worried about you means I like you already." Atsushi scoffs, making the older ones laugh.

"You two seemed to be lovers squabbling." Ranpo commented.

"What are you saying?!" Atsushi gave him a disgusted look.

Atsushi turns to the passenger seat and saw a coconut- I mean Lucy walking towards them.

Suddenly, Atsushi found himself being hugged by the person he used to like before. Lucy Maud Montgomery is the 2nd cousin of Ranpo. She and Atsushi were past lovers. She frequently visits Yokohama police station when Ranpo is still working there to pay a visit to Atsushi.

"Back off." Akutagawa says, pushing the young girl away from Atsushi.

"Hey-"

"Can't you read the sign? No coconut heads allowed now will you excuse me, I have to talk to Atsushi." Akutagawa stated simply and grabs Atsushi then brought him outside.

"Can i ask you something-"

"You're already asking." The younger glares at him and Akutagawa makes a peace sign.

"I don't get you sometimes, are you bipolar or something?" Atsushi asks. "I mean, earlier you were serious and angry but now... Idk an ass?"

"Well I was only acting." Akutagawa answers then leans against the wall and the younger one gives him a wtf look. "I did great right?"

"Yeah... Sure." His voice trails off and looks away sadly. Akutagawa frowned and went closer to him.

"What's wrong baby?" Atsushi blushes a little at the new nickname Aku calls him and let out a small sigh.

"You know... I'm really jealous of you." The younger one laughs bitterly before continuing.

"You have so much more freedom than me. You get to do illegal things while me, I can't. I was raised by well mannered people. Ever since I was little, I... lost both of my parents without any reason. I barely talk and communicate with others and maybe that's the reason why I'm socially awkward."

"I don't get it, I tried making friends but nothing. Don't they want me? Is there something wrong with me that they hate? My step parents will say, 'no honey you're fine' if so, why would everyone turn away if I need someone's help?"

"Atsushi..." Akutagawa speaks up but stops as he sees the younger man start crying.

"Sometimes I ask myself, what's the purpose of living anyways? For me to suffer everyday? If I would just disappear, would that make people around me happy?"

Akutagawa didn't know what to do but he wanted him to stop, it was too painful to see him cry so he embraced Atsushi in a tight hug.